Random car thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UserX View Post
    Lexus designers need to put down the crack pipe.

Looks like a 2015 Aztec.

Tim, that blows about your car. Is that enough damage to total it due to age?

Comment

• I hope to find out tomorrow. Insurance is leaning yes. Audi forum members are leaning no. I'm split. I've been pricing parts for the repair and it doesn't look good for repair, a headlight is $650.

Comment

• Originally posted by CWO View Post
        I hope to find out tomorrow. Insurance is leaning yes. Audi forum members are leaning no. I'm split. I've been pricing parts for the repair and it doesn't look good for repair, a headlight is $650.
        Note to self: Don't buy an Audi

Comment

• Originally posted by CWO View Post
          I hope to find out tomorrow. Insurance is leaning yes. Audi forum members are leaning no. I'm split. I've been pricing parts for the repair and it doesn't look good for repair, a headlight is $650.

Damn! If you can get it fixed right, get it done. I wish I had just fixed my '87 Hatch when it got wrecked, but I let myself get talked out of it. Ended up going through about 8 cars I couldn't find satisfaction with until I finally got into an 01 Cobra. Would have saved a lot of time and money in the long run if I had just fixed the '87.

Comment

• Originally posted by mustang1200 View Post
            Are you saying spraying silver metallic is easier to paint match than other colors?
            I am saying that if a painter cannot match silver with all the technology involved in current paint mixing procedures he needs a new career. To answer this question, yes, there are harder colors to match than silver metallic. It has more to do with the variances in the paint code honestly, does this make any sense?

Comment

• Not totaled. They need to be at 70% value. She said we are at 35% but using re-manufactured and salvaged parts. Salvage headlight is $260. Heh. The adjuster priced the new headlight at $920 FWIW.

I have faith in the body shop I'll be using to match the silver paint. I may talk to them about respraying the whole car anyway, it has 12 years of dings and chips I've been wanting to attend to, even if I end up out of pocket a little.

pic unrelated

Comment

• LOL @ that new Lexus SUV. No shit... that thing is hilariously ugly.

Blind Project Manager: "We need steeper approach angles."
                Blind Designer: "I got this."
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
                  LOL @ that new Lexus SUV. No shit... that thing is hilariously ugly.

Blind Project Manager: "We need steeper approach angles."
                  Blind Designer: "I got this."
                  "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• For the first time ever, I actually do not want the most recent models of a particular vehicle. The most recent Lexus models by and large are uglier, I just don't like that front grill they put on everything.
                    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Comment

• Allan's been on point with the car pics.

Comment

• Excessive HDR, shit.

Comment

• I found this lovely lady outside of Navaho Hogan in Colorado today.

Comment

• I can't tell if those wheels came from a Challenger or a Ram 1500.
                              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

• donk , ugly wheels ^

Comment

Working...
                                X