• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another Plastidipped car

Comment

• Originally posted by CWO View Post
      that Beetle is Plastidipped and the white walls are Plastidipped too LOL
      As far as the diy whitewalls, No they are not dip. I actually followed a DIY whitewall thread on volksrod.com.
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I misread the thread, not dipped white walls. My fault. They are DIY though
        Yeah.

Comment

• Originally posted by Baron View Post
          Well, nevermind I won't post the same quote..
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

another Plastidipped car

That looks great. So, what's the story on doing this? Are they mixing base coat with plasti dip and spraying it in a 1.0 tip hvlp or something?
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by white88 View Post
              For, four, fore, 4?
              SVO's only have two headlights
              http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
                That looks great. So, what's the story on doing this? Are they mixing base coat with plasti dip and spraying it in a 1.0 tip hvlp or something?
                That audi is just a plastidip clear over stock paint. Not sure on details. The forum I linked to with the Beetle has all the info you could ever want.

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post

Comment

• Kia forum, bunch of idiots, nuff said bro!

Comment

• I dont think it was thick enough. Shit has to be thick as hell to keep from peeling. I have a feeling that Audi has only one coat. With multiple coats its probably going to have a white candy look.
                      Last edited by CJ; 09-26-2013, 04:13 PM.

Comment

• I remember seeing a deal on the Discovery Channel in the 90's on a show called Beyond 2000. I loved that show.

Comment

• Originally posted by talisman View Post
                          That's a great looking SVO. 4 eye.. LOL I wonder if it is waiting for a tow truck?

Love the 70 Fastback/ GT also. That had to be a crazy build.
                          Not mine, but it's a board members car

Comment

• Usually they have at least 3 to 4 coats of whatever.

Comment

• lol, I was trying to figure out in my head how they would make that stuff work as whitewalls. If it can be done, someone from JJ will figure it out eventually. I like the Audi. I wouldn't do it personally, but it gives it an interesting different look. It probably doesn't hurt that that is a great looking car regardless of the coat it's wearing.

Comment

• Awesome!

God I would love to be able to get one of these one day.

Yes!

Comment

Working...
                                X