No announcement yet.

Horse trading is fun!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indeed a clean trade, way to wheel and deal.

Reminds me of this http://www.autointhenews.com/teen-tr...he-in-2-years/

Comment

I've had a 97 and a 98 with a 350.

They were the best vehicles I've owned to date as far as cost to keep on the road. Still have my 98, which is sitting at 248k miles. Two transmissions, fuel pump, tie rods, radiator, intake gaskets, and a AC compressor are the only repairs to date. Second transmission was due to radiator.

My 97 made it to right over 200k before selling. Only thing it had repaired was intake gaskets, water pump, and fuel pump. That truck is still on the road today. Last time I ran into the guy who I sold it to he had over 350k on it with no transmission yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
        those gen Chevys with the Vortech 350 will run forever. Always liked those...have owned a couple of them. I had Suburban that style that was one of the best vehicles I've ever owned.
        Yeah, at 139k she still runs like new. Has a small oil leak from the rear main but I dont see it leaving any drips so I am not gonna worry about it.
        Couldnt stand those glass packs though. Backed the truck in my shop and almost went deaf. LOL. Just had Oreillys deliver me a pair of Raptor mufflers and am welding them on now. Should quiet her up a bit.
        Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Damn wish I had that kinda luck when I was looking to trade the Mach for a truck.
            Jon

Comment

Comment

Damn puter.

Anywho, cleaned out its interior and dusted off the motor. Really happy how clean this truck is. Didnt have to wash the motor, just hit it with a couple shop towels and some back to black.

Comment

Am I imagining things, or is that motor tilted toward the passenger side? Might want to check the motor mount.

Comment

I have a 97 Z71 with the 350 Vortec that I picked up about 2.5 years ago with 194K on it. I have ran it up to 227K in the 2.5 years I have had it and so far the only major thing I have replaced was the rear end last month. But from the records that came with the truck every other major part was changed by the PO. Motor still runs strong and burns no oil but does leak it from a few areas.

With the mileage you have on your truck be ready in the next 15K or so to have the tran rebuilt. The trans seems to be the major weak point in the trucks besides the rear ends and like to fail between 120K-160K.

Comment

Working...
                    X