Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horse trading is fun!

Or truck trading in this case. LOL

I had bought a 97 Dodge Ram for my shop truck. Hated the damn thing. Needed a truck by the next day so I could pick up my lifts for my shop and after looking at many trucks it was the only decient one..... or so I thought. Old dude lied his ass off to me. Said he had it for years and was for his daughter. Going to my insurance agency I find out it used to belong to my insurance guy and he showed me his old reg, just sold it a few months before to the old dude.
    Overhauled the brakes, changed out the nasty oil and flushed the motor. Thing still missfired bad. Thought it was a bad intake gasket (common issue). Turned out there was almost no compression in #1.

Here is that bish.

Posted up for sale and let people know it had a missfire. Dude with a very clean 1988 Jeep Comanche wanted to trade straight up. I made sure he knew how the Dodge ran and he didnt care, just wanted to trade. Jeep had high miles but ran great with a couple exceptions. Needed a clutch master, trans mount and brake work. So I traded.

I liked the truck fine and was very reliable but was too damn small..... and purple.

So I put it up for sale and was hammered with people within an hour. Best one was a dude with a sweet 96 Chevy 1500. Uber clean but no AC and needed a door handle and some brake work (again with the brakes) lol.
    So I fixed all that.... well the door handle is on its way.
    I let the guy know his truck booked for over double of what the Jeep was worth but he just had to have the truck.

Anywho, for the price of a crappy worn out Dodge I ended up with one sweet and clean shop truck.
    1996 Chevy 1500 Silverado. 5.7v8 and loaded with only 132k on it. Never was a Chevy fan but I dig this truck.

Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Better lucky than good, I reckon! Not a bad course of events.
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

fuckin' love it
      http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Thats a clean looking chevy
        Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

my three truck combo took me a little longer, but all within the same year...

bought a base model 03 Dodge for $7750 OTD, totaled it 3 days later, got $14250 for it. added a few grand to that and bought my '04 for $17k. I sold it a few months later for $25k and bought my '06 Mega Cab for $25k.

drove it for 2yrs, sold it for $27.5k

Comment

Well damn! You are making a hell of a return with those sales. lol
            GOPR0198 by larrychance88

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
              my three truck combo took me a little longer, but all within the same year...

bought a base model 03 Dodge for $7750 OTD, totaled it 3 days later, got $14250 for it. added a few grand to that and bought my '04 for $17k. I sold it a few months later for $25k and bought my '06 Mega Cab for $25k.

drove it for 2yrs, sold it for $27.5k

Or is that because you modded em and then sold em?
              GOPR0198 by larrychance88

Comment

Originally posted by BttleFedC10 View Post

Or is that because you modded em and then sold em?
                the '04 was highly modded when I bought it. The guy just way underpriced it. I did have a fair amount in mods on the '06, but I think I got my value out of it over 2yrs and 100k miles. It just sounded more ballerific if I left that out

Comment

He doesn't have the comanche anymore but he knows a guy who's selling one.
                  "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                  "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

the '04 was highly modded when I bought it. The guy just way underpriced it. I did have a fair amount in mods on the '06, but I think I got my value out of it over 2yrs and 100k miles. It just sounded more ballerific if I left that out
                    I wish I could run across the deals you do. I don't know where you find this shit.
                    Originally posted by BradM
                    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                    Originally posted by Leah
                    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                      He doesn't have the comanche anymore but he knows a guy who's selling one.
                      Originally posted by Jester
                      Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                      He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                      Originally posted by Denny
                      What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                      FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                        I wish I could run across the deals you do. I don't know where you find this shit.
                        I'm just constantly on the hunt for a deal. It sucks because after years of this shit, I'm to the point where I won't pay list/retail on damn near anything

Comment

I'm just constantly on the hunt for a deal. It sucks because after years of this shit, I'm to the point where I won't pay list/retail on damn near anything
                          I'm with you there. When I see people driving a new $50-75k car with a paper tag I want to let them know that at some point it will be worth $2-3k and applaud them on their solid investment.

Comment

those gen Chevys with the Vortech 350 will run forever. Always liked those...have owned a couple of them. I had Suburban that style that was one of the best vehicles I've ever owned.
                            70' Chevelle RagTop
                            (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

A 1989 Mark VII LSC was a $30k car new. I'm selling one today for $500. I said a long time ago that I will never buy a new car or truck. I stand by this today.

Comment

Working...
                              X