No announcement yet.

Livernois baseline run with new ZL1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a GM guy and I can't stand to spend more than 5 minutes on that Camaro board. It's awful.
    Ford
    GM
    Toyota
    VAG

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
      476rwhp through an auto. Not too bad for a base to start with, but not great for the money in my opinion. Looks like I was right on the money when I said the ZL1 would be a good race for a stock GT Mustang. (Stock to stock) Now I can't wait to see how much power the 13 GT500 puts down.

Here is a post by Rick himself from Livernois -
      Am I the only one that notices the car loses over 100hp from the drivetrain? 580hp down to 476rwhp? Doesn't seem right.
      HD Parts
      paul@maverickhd.com

Comment

Originally posted by 89stangGT View Post
        Am I the only one that notices the car loses over 100hp from the drivetrain? 580hp down to 476rwhp? Doesn't seem right.
        17.9% loss doesn't seem too far off to me.
        Originally posted by davbrucas
        I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by 89stangGT View Post
          You have the usual drivetrain loss in addition to it being an automatic.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
            You have the usual drivetrain loss in addition to it being an automatic.
            I was under the impression that when the lock up clutches are on converters you don't loose as much power? Seems like a locked converter and direct drive would have similar results as a manual?

I bet you do lose more through an auto from increased rotating mass though.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

It's 2:06 am and it still looks slow.....
              2010 F-350 6.4L SRW CC 4X4

Spartan tunes, 5 inch flo-pro, 4 inch down pipe, cold side piping, AFE stage 2 CAI, EGR delete, Air Dog II

2012 Mustang 5.0 GT Stock........for now.

Comment

11.93 on an auto

WRX

Comment

Impossible! As mentioned previously in this thread, it's a mid 12's at 115mph car at best!!!
                  Ford
                  GM
                  Toyota
                  VAG

Comment

still slow......

Spartan tunes, 5 inch flo-pro, 4 inch down pipe, cold side piping, AFE stage 2 CAI, EGR delete, Air Dog II

Comment

Originally posted by Badass2000GT View Post
                      still slow......
                      Not any more lol.

Comment

Must be a slow car or a bad day At the track.
                        Lingenfelter put both of there's a stock automatic zl1 and stock manual zl1 in the high 11's with no mods.

Besides the ZL1 shines on the road course when the magnetic ride kicks in and starts to work. Us Americans wouldnt know much about that as we like straight line racing. People are forgetting these cars are running IRS and magnetic ride suspension which set records at the ring.

I personally think the gt500 will win the drag race and the zL1 will win the slalom and road course or anything that you have to drive the car rather than straight line. Gonna be hard to out drive a computerized suspension.

Comment

The Nissan GT-R with all its computerized, electronic, high tech wizardry got its ass handed to it by the Viper ACR at the Ring, a car that is "barely out of the stone age".

The GT500 weighs less, and has more power, and has a chassis that's won more races than the camaro has. Not a bad setup for an easy win at the Ring, or in a slalom.

MR suspension is more for comfort and "ride" than actual handling.

Comment

Not true at all 32V. The mag suspension is the best of both worlds. I have two cars with it (not the ZL1), and I track my vehicles so I'm speaking from experience.

Also, Ford took the new GT500 to the ring but did not publish it's time. That is very telling in that it most likely didn't beat the ZL1's time.

Doesn't matter at the end of the day as both the ZL1 and new GT500 are majorly badass rides in their own way. I can't wait for the full comparison tests and real-world reviews.
                            Ford
                            GM
                            Toyota
                            VAG

Comment

Can you buy MR components in the aftermarket?

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
                                Not any more lol.

LMAO at the guys saying the mods are a '13 GT500 engine and E-85 tuned.

Comment

Working...
                                X