Livernois baseline run with new ZL1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OrangeChevyII View Post
    They're still not doing anything impressive. For 55,000 it should be a 11.80 car out of the gate. With that being said....I'd still buy one
    It is an 11.80 car out of the gate with a good driver, decent traction, and good air.

Also, the ZL1 doesn't have anything like the trucks as far as traction control/torque management. Engage that PTM (performance traction management) and it will meter out the exact amount of power the rear tires will handle. It's a brilliant system.
    Ford
    GM
    Toyota
    VAG

Comment

In my opinion, the ZL1 fails to deliever. Any car can be fast with aftermarket mods thrown at it. The point of a speciality car such as the ZL1 is out of the box performance which is where it fails to deliever. What this thread is saying is that you have to buy a $60k car then throw more money at in performance mods to get it to perform as it was suppose to.

Comment

I'm just surprised everyone is bagging on the ZL1 due to one or two preliminary real-world tests. The car is a very nice upgrade over an SS. The mag suspension, PTM, aggressive bodywork and bulletproof LSA drivetrain make for a very nice overall package. Read in one of the car magazines, one of the durability tests for the ZL1 were 600 clutch dumps at the drag strip.

There is a high probability the ZL1 will outrun the '13 GT500 around a nice road course even if it loses at the 1/4 mile strip. I think it's a very nice ride personally.
        Ford
        GM
        Toyota
        VAG

Comment

Originally posted by quikag View Post
          I'm just surprised everyone is bagging on the ZL1 due to one or two preliminary real-world tests. The car is a very nice upgrade over an SS. The mag suspension, PTM, aggressive bodywork and bulletproof LSA drivetrain make for a very nice overall package. Read in one of the car magazines, one of the durability tests for the ZL1 were 600 clutch dumps at the drag strip.

There is a high probability the ZL1 will outrun the '13 GT500 around a nice road course even if it loses at the 1/4 mile strip. I think it's a very nice ride personally.
          I'm looking forward to seeing those contests take place when Ford finally starts building these cars. As I understand it, they are still building Mazdas on the line that will be building the GT500. Owners that have orders with the Shaker Pro in their order all seem to be getting "on hold" or "TBD" in regards to their build date.

Btw, I'm not bagging on the car really, just in my opinion I don't think it's living up to the hype and it's hefty price tag when it comes to performance. If Ford undelievers with the GT500, I will be just as critical, if not more so because of the huge amount of hype and power claims.

Comment

115mph + 476rwhp= scallywag behind the wheel of a garbage barge.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
              I'm looking forward to seeing those contests take place when Ford finally starts building these cars. As I understand it, they are still building Mazdas on the line that will be building the GT500. Owners that have orders with the Shaker Pro in their order all seem to be getting "on hold" or "TBD" in regards to their build date.

Btw, I'm not bagging on the car really, just in my opinion I don't think it's living up to the hype and it's hefty price tag when it comes to performance. If Ford undelievers with the GT500, I will be just as critical, if not more so because of the huge amount of hype and power claims.
              Do what quickag says, and don't believe everything you read, especially some schmuck who just got his zl1, made three passes, and use those times as a baseline for what every new zl1 will run. I think stats guys call it "adequate sample size", or something like that. One guy running one car 3 times down the track isn't shit.

Comment

Originally posted by MattB View Post
                Do what quickag says, and don't believe everything you read, especially some schmuck who just got his zl1, made three passes, and use those times as a baseline for what every new zl1 will run. I think stats guys call it "adequate sample size", or something like that. One guy running one car 3 times down the track isn't shit.
                I do remember about six hundred years ago when Friday nights at Ennis were a ghost town and there was one brand new 1993 Camaro making it's maiden voyage down the track. Everyone ran towards the fence to watch it blaze mid 15 second passes.

Comment

Originally posted by MattB View Post
                  Rick at Livernois is a very solid guy with no bias one way or another to make and model. They work on everything, they are not just an LSx shop which is why I posted the video. I would hardly call him just some schmuck. But I understand your point you are making as well taking everything online with a grain of salt.

Comment

Looks slow....
                    2010 F-350 6.4L SRW CC 4X4

Spartan tunes, 5 inch flo-pro, 4 inch down pipe, cold side piping, AFE stage 2 CAI, EGR delete, Air Dog II

2012 Mustang 5.0 GT Stock........for now.

Comment

I took a dump earlier and shit gold nuggets out.

Steve, do you believe me?
                      Doing enough racing for 99% of the board!

Comment

I took a dump earlier and shit gold nuggets out.

Steve, do you believe me?
                        Of course, for years now you've been telling us your shit doesn't stink, it might as well be priceless too.

Comment

Livernoise is like any other shop, they'll do anything to make them selves look good to sell a product.

Comment

Livernoise is like any other shop, they'll do anything to make them selves look good to sell a product.
                            That's exactly what I've been saying. I even know of a 1000HP twin turbo Camaro in an advertisement for a performance shop, and would you believe that car never even ran with twin turbos, much less made 1000 HP!

Comment

I believe it, I don't believe anything that comes from Camar5 though.

Comment

I believe it, I don't believe anything that comes from Camar5 though.
                                LOL yeah. I recently discovered that site through SVTP. Some of those people on Camaro5 are genuinely delusional about their cars. It makes for great reading though.

Comment

Working...
                                X