Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/bbcode/url.php on line 2 Livernois baseline run with new ZL1 - DFW Mustangs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Livernois baseline run with new ZL1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
    But now I'm not surprised that none of the SS Camaros can hang.
    Ive got an SS for your ass and for the 13 Cobra too!

Comment

Id wait to see what it does with headers, a tune, and cold air. Like most forced induction factory cars, the tune is very very conservitive. I can't remember the exact numbers, but when we did headers and a tune on a Zr1, it picked up over 60rw. I would expect that or more with the ZL1. Just like a new Zo6..they don't dyno crazy high bone stock, maybe 460-480rw. Add cold air, headers, cam and a tune...and we have seen 600rwhp on motor several times. Not taking away from the new shelby, im sure it will be a HP monster...do the same mods and a e85 tune, and im sure you will be looking at 700+rw

Chris

Comment

So a shop has a car, and they run a terrible baseline 1/4 mile time. Let's see what happens next, I'm assuming they bolt-on some Livernois goodies and voila'! It runs a shitload quicker! Don't believe everything you read. And of course, your ____ + $$ outruns a stock car. I get it, I got that shit 5, 10, 15+ years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Cmarsh View Post
          Id wait to see what it does with headers, a tune, and cold air. Like most forced induction factory cars, the tune is very very conservitive. I can't remember the exact numbers, but when we did headers and a tune on a Zr1, it picked up over 60rw. I would expect that or more with the ZL1. Just like a new Zo6..they don't dyno crazy high bone stock, maybe 460-480rw. Add cold air, headers, cam and a tune...and we have seen 600rwhp on motor several times. Not taking away from the new shelby, im sure it will be a HP monster...do the same mods and a e85 tune, and im sure you will be looking at 700+rw

Chris
          Your right these GM LS motors do resond to mods very nicely. My SS LS3 has a mild blower cam, LT / 3" exhaust, CAI and 9.5lbs boost and puts down 640rwhp.

Comment

Originally posted by MattB View Post
            So a shop has a car, and they run a terrible baseline 1/4 mile time. Let's see what happens next, I'm assuming they bolt-on some Livernois goodies and voila'! It runs a shitload quicker! Don't believe everything you read. And of course, your ____ + $$ outruns a stock car. I get it, I got that shit 5, 10, 15+ years ago.
            There is probably some truth to that statement. Regardless, those numbers dont look real good for gm's new super pony car to do battlevwith the gt500.

Comment

I just don't understand how GM can produce a heavier luxury car with less horsepower (CTS-V) that runs better quarter mile times than their Camaro ZL1 supercar.

Comment

I think it a fucking joke, I drove a heads cam auto 2010 that made 485 to the wheels and it went 12.1's on the stock tires. Either way, the cars goin to respond well with any mods.

If you want to see the worlds dumbest inbreed ignorant people go to www.camaro5.com

I will forewarn you, you will feel dumb just reading the thread titles.
                Doing enough racing for 99% of the board!

Comment

I can trap a better 60 bare foot in crisco.

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeChevyII View Post
                    I think it a fucking joke, I drove a heads cam auto 2010 that made 485 to the wheels and it went 12.1's on the stock tires. Either way, the cars goin to respond well with any mods.

If you want to see the worlds dumbest inbreed ignorant people go to www.camaro5.com

Yeah I put a stock fully loaded 2010 6 speed in the 12's in the summer on street tires, so I really don't see how that ZL1 was so slow, although that pathetic 60' time probably had something to do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeChevyII View Post

Do camaros have the torque management/abs that kicks in like the trucks?
                      Its awful in a truck without a tune, only thing I can think of as to why the times were THAT bad on the ZL1....

Comment

It's pretty impressive.
                        Originally posted by RTTV
                        http://www.roadtesttv.com/hot-news-2...ne-performance

Even though the 2012 ZL1 Camaro barely hit the showroom floors of dealers, tuners are already wrenching on the ZL1′s 580 horsepower 6.2 liter supercharged LSA to unleash more power. Hennessey, Lingenfelter and Redline Motorsports seem to be in a race against the clock to see who can be the first tuner to make the ZL1 the fastest. Lingenfelter recently ran the 1/4 mile in 11.03 with their modded ZL1. Then Lingenfelter raised the bar by laying down a 10.79 @ 134 mph. Well, tonight there is a new sheriff in town since Redline Motorsports shattered Lingenfelter’s 10.79 with a 10.32 @ 134.7 mph at Palm Beach International Raceway in Jupiter, Florida.

The blistering 10.32 run was made with a full weight ZL1, using its stock 1.9 liter blower, stock heads, catalytic converters with a density altitude of well over 1000 feet. The ZL1′s mods include a Redline Motorsports proprietary camshaft, upper and lower pulleys, headers, improved heat exchanger, cold air intake, performance torque converter and Mickey Thompson drag radials. This bad ZL1 makes well over 750 horsepower and 700 ft-lbs of torque.

Redline Motorsports recently moved its corporate headquarters to Florida and has been an industry leader in modifying late model vehicles including Camaros, Corvettes and CTSVs. Redline’s vehicles have been featured in numerous magazines including GM High Tech Performance, Vette, Hemmings Muscle Machines and Hot Rod. Redline’s President, Howard Tanner (who BTW drives a 1200 hp twin turbo Z06), assured us that this is just the tip of the iceberg as there is much more power to come from their ZL1 Camaro.

Comment

Originally posted by Pooter View Post
                          Do camaros have the torque management/abs that kicks in like the trucks?
                          Its awful in a truck without a tune, only thing I can think of as to why the times were THAT bad on the ZL1....
                          Yes

Comment

cam + stall = low 10's

not bad.

Comment

They're still not doing anything impressive. For 55,000 it should be a 11.80 car out of the gate. With that being said....I'd still buy one

Comment

Working...
                              X