Livernois baseline run with new ZL1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Livernois baseline run with new ZL1

476rwhp through an auto. Not too bad for a base to start with, but not great for the money in my opinion. Looks like I was right on the money when I said the ZL1 would be a good race for a stock GT Mustang. (Stock to stock) Now I can't wait to see how much power the 13 GT500 puts down.

Here is a post by Rick himself from Livernois -

Originally posted by Rick@Livernois
    I went to the track yesterday and only got 3 passes, so I didn't really get a chance to figure out how to launch the car. I will say it was challenging on street tires, so I left from idle and rolled into it. The 60' was less than stellar, but the car feels pretty good. Definitely a lot of room to improve with a sticky tire and good 60'.. Today, we put it on the dyno and baseline numbers were 476 RWHP / 476 RWTQ.

Bone stock w/ 180 Miles on the OdometerThe car definitely needs a set of sticky tires, but has a lot of potential to improve even in stock form with a good 60'.

Thank you

Regards,

Rick LeBlanc

Livernois Motorsports

The 2013 GT 500 is going to be one bad mother, even more so if there is room for a better tune etc.
    2012 SRT8 Challenger 392 Hemi-6 speed
    Bright Silver Metallic w/ Black Stripes
    Leg Maker Inc. 4"Carbon Fiber CAI
    Speedlogix Catch Can
    Resonator Delete

Comment

Originally posted by STRONGNUFF View Post
      The 2013 GT 500 is going to be one bad mother, even more so if there is room for a better tune etc.
      We'll see. There is a lot of hype behind it like there was with this ZL1 so they need to step up to back it all up. So far, the ZL1 on drag radials are "only" running high 11's in stock form which is right in line with a CAI/tuned Mustang GT rather than competing with the GT500 and the GT is half the price of the ZL1. This horsepower war is getting very interesting.

Comment

Really? The new GM Supercamaro won't even ET better than my stock GT? (I've since run 89.5mph, which isn't all that far behind the ZL1)

I'm surprised they even showed a photo of that slip.

When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Yep. Crazy, isn't it?

Comment

Wow, disappointing to say the least.

Comment

But now I'm not surprised that none of the SS Camaros can hang.
              When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Better luck next time Chevy. Did anyone else have the Borla commercial full of mustangs come up before the video lol.

Comment

That thing is a pig, im sure some stickies and a 6M will do better, but thats not very impressive at all.
                  Originally posted by Silverback
                  Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                    Really? The new GM Supercamaro won't even ET better than my stock GT? (I've since run 89.5mph, which isn't all that far behind the ZL1)

I'm surprised they even showed a photo of that slip.

Thats about what my 14 year old Vette with a mild cam and LS6 top half runs... LMFAO

I bet the GT500 puts down about 560-580 rw STOCK.

Comment

I've heard, and this is probably bull shit that the 13 GT500 has put down 630 HP, and 620 TQ, again I call bull shit but if that's true, that's a ton of power.

Sent from a bathroom

Comment

that first 60 looks almost as bad as my 86 SVO

Comment

Originally posted by Fry86 View Post
                          I've heard, and this is probably bull shit that the 13 GT500 has put down 630 HP, and 620 TQ, again I call bull shit but if that's true, that's a ton of power.

Sent from a bathroom
                          663hp/631tq...and it still gets better mileage then the 2012.
                          IMG_0424

Comment

That's disappointing. My bone stock 08 Vette ran 116 on street tires last July and I doubt I'm at 400rwhp as is.

Comment

Originally posted by GAP View Post
                              663hp/631tq...and it still gets better mileage then the 2012.
                              I thought those were the numbers on motor not rwhp

Comment

Working...
                              X