No announcement yet.

Right before i hit the wall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn, thats a hard hit. While the pic isn't great, it still looks bad enough for me recommend to look for a new shell. Those rails have to be toast, glad you are ok man.

Comment

so the rails cant be fixed is what your saying. they are bent a little. I really think it could be straightened instead of starting all over. Has anyone had this experience before with these rails being bent? please chime in and let me know
      KODFWS 2011

Comment

Originally posted by bubba stiff View Post
        so the rails cant be fixed is what your saying. they are bent a little. I really think it could be straightened instead of starting all over. Has anyone had this experience before with these rails being bent? please chime in and let me know
        you will need to put it on a frame rack to straighten them out.
        Or with pulling post' with the car chained down,

If I had my frame rack bolted to the ground at the shop, I would help you out.

Long story short I went through 3 80gallon compressors from lowes in less then 4months. POS I can say, So picked this one up from T.S.C.(Great deal too, $860 out the door) and ended up going half's on the welder with my pops.. I just need a few more tools to get, but these I needed the most.. My 2nd Ingersoll Rand compressor

Comment

Dumpi capri is fixing a fox worse then that. Just fix it right, and you will be ok.
          2005 M3 Vert with TSW rims
          2001 Dodge Dakota R/T C/H/I, gears, exhaust, and 125 shot of nos
          2012 Ford Edge

Comment

Bubba , all the sheet metal can come off the inner fenders and you can have the rails pulled by any frame shop . I took mine apart myself so I could make sure to keep everything how I wanted it . I have a frame guy if you need one but he is in Haltom City but its a good hook up and he will do anything you want how you want it . He is also a great paint shop and has painted over 10 cars for me . PM me if you want info . This is what mine looked like and after I removed all the metal . I separated all the pinch welds with nothing more then a hammer and chisel and it only took a few hours . I don't think yours is even this bad . You may be able to save the inners .
            Last edited by dumpycapri85; 01-02-2014, 09:31 AM.
            Big Rooster Racing

Comment

Originally posted by dumpycapri85 View Post
              Bubba , all the sheet metal can come off the inner fenders and you can have the rails pulled by any frame shop . I took mine apart myself so I could make sure to keep everything how I wanted it . I have a frame guy if you need one but he is in Haltom City but its a good hook up and he will do anything you want how you want it . He is also a great paint shop and has painted over 10 cars for me . PM me if you want info . This is what mine looked like and after I removed all the metal . I separated all the pinch welds with nothing more then a hammer and chisel and it only took a few hours . I don't think yours is even this bad . You may be able to save the inners .
              Yeah Jim that car is bad, but it did not get the shock towers, so it is fixable. His will be no different.
              2005 M3 Vert with TSW rims
              2001 Dodge Dakota R/T C/H/I, gears, exhaust, and 125 shot of nos
              2012 Ford Edge

Comment

Dang that sux! Hope you get it back together soon

Comment

those pics really make me feel better. thanks for all your input. It looks like i will be able to fix mine. does anyone have any clue how much that is going to cost me. i already will have motor/tranny out and bumper and fenders off.I know its a long shot but a ballpark would be nice to see what im in for. thanks again to all of you. this is the only time i really relied on you stangers. Big thanks to mike for the fender as well
                  Last edited by bubba stiff; 11-30-2012, 02:42 PM.
                  KODFWS 2011

Comment

He would have to see it but I bet my guy would do it for next to nothing if I take you in there . He is doing mine for free . I don't know if you want to make the trip but pm me if you do and I will get you the 4-eye brotha hook up .
                    Big Rooster Racing

Comment

sweet i dont care about the drive to the nrh. I will pm you when i get the motor/tranny out. thanks my 4eye brotha from another motha
                      KODFWS 2011

Comment

sweet i dont care about the drive to the nrh. I will pm you when i get the motor/tranny out. thanks my 4eye brotha from another motha
                        dumpycapri85/jim is a good people, has helped me out alot over the last few years.

Comment

[QUOTE=mikec;674957]I've had these things sitting out there for about four years. Literally last Tuesday i finally threw out the nose piece. Was just like that one too...

So you didn't think to offer it to someone on here, before you decided to throw it in the trash?

Comment

Glad to see you are ok. Hate to hear about the beast
                            True Street MotorSports
                            901 N McDonald St Suite 100
                            McKinney TX 75069

Shop 972.542.9886
                            Fax 972. 542.9879

Nitrous Refills $4lb

Comment

[quote=HenryJ;676701]
                              Originally posted by mikec View Post
                              I've had these things sitting out there for about four years. Literally last Tuesday i finally threw out the nose piece. Was just like that one too...

So you didn't think to offer it to someone on here, before you decided to throw it in the trash?
                              man dont come down on mike he did give me the fender i needed. any little bit helps
                              KODFWS 2011

Comment

Originally posted by TrueStreetMotorSports.com View Post
                                Glad to see you are ok. Hate to hear about the beast
                                its cool man. i was having a good night to. it will be back
                                KODFWS 2011

Comment

Working...
                                X