No announcement yet.

F-15s from Kadena AB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree F-16 is probably one of the best bang for the buck fighters we ever made.
    2004 Suzuki DL650
    1996 Hy-Tek Hurricane 103

Comment

Originally posted by bottlerocket View Post
      He with the C2, tankers or the fighters?
      He's a Cock.

Comment

Originally posted by ZYouL8R View Post
        He's a Cock.
        lucky bastard... I wouldn't mind being an Eagle driver in Japan no matter what squadron. Someday...

Comment

Originally posted by Downs View Post
          I agree F-16 is probably one of the best bang for the buck fighters we ever made.

Robin Olds nailed it there. The problem with the 16 is short legs and not a whole lot of air to ground capability. JDAMs helped that a lot though.

Over all I agree. They are cheap and evil incarnate at knife fighting range.

***edit anyone wanting a good read his book is great... If not look him up on Wiki he was a brilliant guy he came up with the F-16 based on mostly math and aerodynamics.
          Last edited by Couver; 04-28-2012, 04:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Couver View Post
            Robin Olds nailed it there. The problem with the 16 is short legs and not a whole lot of air to ground capability. JDAMs helped that a lot though.

Over all I agree. They are cheap and evil incarnate at knife fighting range.

***edit anyone wanting a good read his book is great... If not look him up on Wiki he was a brilliant guy he came up with the F-16 based on mostly math and aerodynamics.
            The F/A-18 C/D is better than the Viper in the Low-Speed High-AoA type of engagement, but once we get into sustained turning rates and getting into the energy\vertical fight, the Viper has the edge over the Hornet.

But with the JHMCS (Helmet mounted Sights) and high off-boresight missiles, its a new game when you get within visual range....

Let's just say that I would rather be in a stealthy airframe with lots of AMRAAMs with a datalink to an active AWACS.
            Last edited by Gargamel; 04-28-2012, 07:58 AM.

Comment

Garg the F-16 will be carrying the AIM-9X as well. Nothing like looking over your shoulder to tell it where to go. You are right though datalink and AMRAAMs any day.

Comment

Originally posted by Gargamel View Post

But with the JHMCS (Helmet mounted Sights) and high off-boresight missiles, its a new game when you get within visual range....

I hate that F'in helmet. I've only worked on it when I was in school for my MOS but that was enough to make me want to never work on it. Lucky for me I'm at a C-130 unit right now and my next unit is a Frog Squadron
                2004 Suzuki DL650
                1996 Hy-Tek Hurricane 103

Comment

Fuck I miss that place. Thanks for posting.
                  2012 Competition Orange BOSS 302
                  www.militarystangs.com

Comment

Originally posted by Couver View Post
                    Garg the F-16 will be carrying the AIM-9X as well. Nothing like looking over your shoulder to tell it where to go. You are right though datalink and AMRAAMs any day.
                    They already carry them AFAIK. They are also upgrading them to be able to take out surface targets lol. EOIR missiles are bad news

Comment

Working...
                    X