No announcement yet.

F-15s from Kadena AB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Vid... I think I saw a JHMCS on one of the guys....

Comment

Originally posted by majorownage View Post
      Oh he knew, he was going to eject, but the he realised his plane was still flying. The F15 was the first fighter with adaptive methods for lost surfaces.

My grandfather got a thank you note from him. haha
      He did an interview with the history channel about the event, said the fuel and smoke pouring from the tank obscured his view and he was unaware until he got out of the jet and the ground crew was in disbelief.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Can't imagine the rush of taking off in one of those. Just the first minute gave me goosebumps. Afterburner has to be like the ultimate shot of nitrous.

Comment

Originally posted by akfodysvn View Post
          nothing worse than listening to F15's all day on kadena... loses the wow factor in a month or 2. Just like the B1's...
          Trust me I know. I have to listen to the damn Blue Angels practice every morning. It was cool the first time, but not since. I'd rather listen to the T-6s or the T-1s going to the break right over my house every day.

Originally posted by shumpertdavid View Post
          Can't imagine the rush of taking off in one of those. Just the first minute gave me goosebumps. Afterburner has to be like the ultimate shot of nitrous.
          Yea when they plug in the burners they move, feels like a small child sitting on your chest lol!

Comment

Originally posted by akfodysvn View Post
            nothing worse than listening to F15's all day on kadena... loses the wow factor in a month or 2. Just like the B1's...
            I got ya beat...

Try having your rack right underneath the 3 wire on a carrier.

Comment

This video really makes it hard for me to love my favorite planes... F-16, F-14, A-10, then F-15.... And do not forget P-51, WWII planes
              Some cars and a bike...

Some say... they have been raced, some a lot

Comment

Originally posted by SC457A View Post
                This video really makes it hard for me to love my favorite planes... F-16, F-14, A-10, then F-15.... And do not forget P-51, WWII planes
                You prefer the 14 to the 15? Talk about rooting for the underdog

Comment

Originally posted by bottlerocket View Post
                  But the Tomcat has "style" points.... LOL....

Comment

Originally posted by bottlerocket View Post
                    Performance wise no way. I know f-15 is a better platform. I just like the way the F-14 looks. No, Top Gun did not have any factor in it...
                    Some cars and a bike...

Comment

Hate to sound like an Idiot.. whats a SRA at around 6 minutes in video?
                      Some cars and a bike...

Comment

The F14 is truly an Iconic plane. Each era has a plane that represents it.

P51, F4U, F86, F4, F14, F16, etc.

I was always a sucker for the F101/F111.
                        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by Gargamel View Post
                          I got ya beat...

Try having your rack right underneath the 3 wire on a carrier.
                          Yep if the wires are humming you are late for work... Sorry Garg F-15 over a Tomcat anyday... Would be cool though if they could figure out how to strap those ole Pheonix's underneath with full RADAR... " 100 miles out and a threat? Sorry bout your luck fecker"

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                            He did an interview with the history channel about the event, said the fuel and smoke pouring from the tank obscured his view and he was unaware until he got out of the jet and the ground crew was in disbelief.
                            He even said in the same interview if he would have known how bad it was he would have ejected
                            2004 Suzuki DL650
                            1996 Hy-Tek Hurricane 103

Comment

Originally posted by SC457A View Post
                              Hate to sound like an Idiot.. whats a SRA at around 6 minutes in video?
                              Senior Airman

i.e. Air Force E-4

Comment

On a side note, I was walking thru LM on Wednesday and saw the sign showing 4500 F16 deliveries. Still a very cool bird!
                                sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                                17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                                13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                                86 SVO - Sold
                                '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                                01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                                65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Working...
                                X