Changed out my tail lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changed out my tail lights

Changing out my tail lights. What do you think? The new one on the left versus the stock one on the right.
    Attached Files
    2010 F-350 6.4L SRW CC 4X4

Spartan tunes, 5 inch flo-pro, 4 inch down pipe, cold side piping, AFE stage 2 CAI, EGR delete, Air Dog II

2012 Mustang 5.0 GT Stock........for now.

Not worth the tickets or hassle from police. Looks good, I just don't think it's worth it.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Um...why would I get tickets? I didn't know there was a law against tinted lights?

Spartan tunes, 5 inch flo-pro, 4 inch down pipe, cold side piping, AFE stage 2 CAI, EGR delete, Air Dog II

Comment

I like the originals better, but that isn't the best picture either.
        How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Looks good. I tinted my tails about a month ago. Cops haven't given me any shit for it, so I'm sure you won't have any problems. The light shines through just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by The Geofster View Post
            I like the originals better, but that isn't the best picture either.
            Yeah I know the sun is directly behind me and taking pic with my phone.

Comment

I considered those same lights just to have something different. I like the location of the reverse light, I just cant seem to pull the trigger on getting them.
              BTW, I think they look sweet!!!
              2015 Premium GT (50th Anniversary Package)
              2014 Lincoln MKT

Comment

Originally posted by BigTitan21 View Post
                I considered those same lights just to have something different. I like the location of the reverse light, I just cant seem to pull the trigger on getting them.
                BTW, I think they look sweet!!!
                That's why I got those. I've never seen them on a newer mustang around the dfw area. Watch now I'll see them everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Badass2000GT View Post
                  Um...why would I get tickets? I didn't know there was a law against tinted lights?
                  I'm sure there is a law against tail lights that are too dark. I think they're only illegal if they don't have a DOT# stamped on them.

Comment

they are illegal. just wait until you try and get the car inspected. Now will you actually get pulled over and cited for it? probably not, its one of those things like front license plates. only an asshole will bug you about it. If they still shine bright red when applied, then i doubt you'll have issues with the law.

Here's what it says in the state inspection manual

20.26 Stop Lamp. Every motor vehicle, trailer, semitrailer, and pole trailer shall be equipped with two or more stop lamps, except that passenger cars and trucks manufactured or assembled prior to the model year 1960 shall be equipped with at least one stop lamp.

At least two stop lamps are required on all motor vehicles, trailers, semitrailers, and pole trailers, except that at least one stop lamp is required on all motorcycles, motor-driven cycles, and all 1959 model year and earlier passenger cars and trucks.

A stop lamp must emit a red or amber light, or any shade of color between red and amber, and be visible from a distance of not less than 300 feet to the rear in normal sunlight. The stop lamp shall be actuated upon application of the service (foot) brake and which may, but need not, be incorporated with one or more other rear lamps.

Stop lamp lens must be of a type meeting Department of Public Safety standards.

1. Inspection Procedure. Check operation and condition visually.

2. Inspect for and reject if:

a. Required lamp or lamps are not present.

b. Lamp is not securely mounted to the vehicle.

c. Lamp does not emit a red or amber light which is actuated on application of the service (foot) brake.

d. Lamp is not visible from a minimum distance of 300 feet to the rear of the vehicle to which it is attached.

e. Lamp lens is painted, missing, discolored, or does not fit properly.

f. Wiring is shoddy or electrical connections are poor.

g. Lamp projects a glaring or a dazzling light.

h. Lamp is not mounted on rear of vehicle.

i. Lens is cracked or broken to the extent that a portion of the lens is missing and/or separated, permitting light from the bulb to emit through the crack or break.

NOTE: Lamp lenses cannot be repaired with repair tape or repair kit.
                    http://www.amazon.com/Viralution-Don...don+kehlenbeck

www.facebook.com/TheViralution

Comment

I prefer to make it as easy as possible for other drivers to see my brake lights.

If it can't be state inspected, it's not legal.

Comment

Those are not that dark. You will be fine. I have my trucks that dark, and I never once have had any issues with even state troopers. They look good.
                        2005 M3 Vert with TSW rims
                        2001 Dodge Dakota R/T C/H/I, gears, exhaust, and 125 shot of nos
                        2012 Ford Edge

Comment

Actually now that I notice the reverse light location, I like those better.
                          How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by tribaltalon View Post
                            they are illegal. just wait until you try and get the car inspected. Now will you actually get pulled over and cited for it? probably not, its one of those things like front license plates. only an asshole will bug you about it. If they still shine bright red when applied, then i doubt you'll have issues with the law.

Here's what it says in the state inspection manual

20.26 Stop Lamp. Every motor vehicle, trailer, semitrailer, and pole trailer shall be equipped with two or more stop lamps, except that passenger cars and trucks manufactured or assembled prior to the model year 1960 shall be equipped with at least one stop lamp.

At least two stop lamps are required on all motor vehicles, trailers, semitrailers, and pole trailers, except that at least one stop lamp is required on all motorcycles, motor-driven cycles, and all 1959 model year and earlier passenger cars and trucks.

A stop lamp must emit a red or amber light, or any shade of color between red and amber, and be visible from a distance of not less than 300 feet to the rear in normal sunlight. The stop lamp shall be actuated upon application of the service (foot) brake and which may, but need not, be incorporated with one or more other rear lamps.

Stop lamp lens must be of a type meeting Department of Public Safety standards.

1. Inspection Procedure. Check operation and condition visually.

2. Inspect for and reject if:

a. Required lamp or lamps are not present.

b. Lamp is not securely mounted to the vehicle.

c. Lamp does not emit a red or amber light which is actuated on application of the service (foot) brake.

d. Lamp is not visible from a minimum distance of 300 feet to the rear of the vehicle to which it is attached.

e. Lamp lens is painted, missing, discolored, or does not fit properly.

f. Wiring is shoddy or electrical connections are poor.

g. Lamp projects a glaring or a dazzling light.

h. Lamp is not mounted on rear of vehicle.

i. Lens is cracked or broken to the extent that a portion of the lens is missing and/or separated, permitting light from the bulb to emit through the crack or break.

NOTE: Lamp lenses cannot be repaired with repair tape or repair kit.
                            Not sure what part of that would make those tail lights illegal, unless you can't see them light up from 300ft out, which is doubtful. When I did inspections I passed them if they lit up red and had a DOT stamp.

Comment

Tinted taillights are illegal. Search it here. I've posted multiple statutes on this subject. I stop for it all the time.
                              Karussell White - 2010 Genesis Coupe R-Spec 6MT 2.0T -

Comment

Working...
                              X