Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sink Holes - Anyone Have Knowledge?

Not this bad... yet

I have these in my backyard. Still haven't been able to identify the cause, but every month I have to buy dirt to fill these. They are all over my yard, and very apparent in the walkway going back to my shed. They give way when you walk on them (sometimes after a good rain), and I have gone in up to my waist in one. I can't seem to find a water path that might be taking the dirt, all I know is that an 8' painters pole will go all the way in, and a garden hose never fills it up.

So far my foundation is unaffected, but at least three houses on my street have had major repair needed after a large rain. Anyone know if there is a solution to this?

Don't want anything like this to happen...

Large Pic

Tera 4:1 + 4.88's = Slowest rig on here
    Baja-Bob.com

Man, I don't know but that would be cool to see, also try to explore, wireless cam with light, and a long rope. Would be interesting to see what you find also makes me wonder if youll get it somewhere in your yard at random as well.

Comment

I would move.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
        I would move.
        I would have to agree with this statement.

Comment

Start pouring concrete down in them.
          Originally posted by racrguy
          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
          Originally posted by racrguy
          Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
            Start pouring concrete down in them.
            Wonder how much the cost of that would be if water from a hose doesnt seem to fill the hole.

Comment

That's how it starts then it turns into this

The Wink Sink in Wink, TX

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
                Man, I don't know but that would be cool to see, also try to explore, wireless cam with light, and a long rope. Would be interesting to see what you find also makes me wonder if youll get it somewhere in your yard at random as well.
                I might just try this... keep some water going, light on a go pro, send it down and see if there is some kind of water table or something.
                Baja-Bob.com

Comment

how cool would that be if there was like a huge cavern under your house? You could have your very own bat cave!
                  http://www.amazon.com/Viralution-Don...don+kehlenbeck

www.facebook.com/TheViralution

Comment

Originally posted by tribaltalon View Post
                    how cool would that be if there was like a huge cavern under your house? You could have your very own bat cave!
                    I was wondering the same thing... A bunker of WWII planes please.
                    Baja-Bob.com

Comment

Originally posted by BajaBob View Post
                      I was wondering the same thing... A bunker of WWII planes please.
                      lol one would only hope..... I get a plane since i gave the idea to use the cam/string trick!!

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
                        lol one would only hope..... I get a plane since i gave the idea to use the cam/string trick!!
                        If there is more than one, deal.
                        Baja-Bob.com

Comment

I saw this post in the morning. Since I hose does not fill it has me concerned about it. Likely means it is one HUGE hole or it is draining out of it somehow.

I can't imagine the concrete needed to fill that, at least on a residential level. I doubt insurance covers that too.
                          Originally posted by MR EDD
                          U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

All i know is they don't have sink holes in India.
                            How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by The Geofster View Post
                              All i know is they don't have sink holes in India.
                              Fault lines can cause sink holes dummy. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/ear...d.html?image=7
                              Baja-Bob.com

Comment

Working...
                              X