No announcement yet.

Post Your Spring Rattlers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only kind of good snake is a dead snake...

Comment

Only snake I've seen so far this year. It was about 2 1/2 ft long. It slithered away into a hole before I could get better pics.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. "
      George Orwell

Comment

King snake
        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
        Would you like your reparations in 5.56mm or 7.62mm?

Comment

Originally posted by Samhain View Post
          King snake
          Yep. First one I've ever seen too.
          "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. "
          George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Treadhead View Post
            Yep. First one I've ever seen too.
            Don't kill it, dude! They're a beneficial predator.
            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Treadhead View Post
              Only snake I've seen so far this year. It was about 2 1/2 ft long. It slithered away into a hole before I could get better pics.
              Thats a beautiful snake.

I saw another snake this last weekend that I had never seen before. Just as I was about to take a picture of it, it shagged ass. It was a silvery white color. Light gray maybe, about 6 ft long and it liftes its head about 10/12" off the ground.

Sure wish I knew what it was. I thought it might be the Texas Night Snake, but they dont get much longer than 2'.
              Photobucket

Comment

Grey racer or a coach whip snake(not sure if that's proper name just what I was always told)
                "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
                  Grey racer or a coach whip snake(not sure if that's proper name just what I was always told)
                  Racer indeed. That son of a gun was fast.

Edit: Just did a quick research on Coachwhip snakes and you hit the nail on the head.
                  Last edited by BlackSnake; 04-10-2012, 07:36 PM.
                  Photobucket

Comment

I haven't seen one in years last snake I saw that was kinda wild was a Eastern Hognose, damn things will spread the skin around their neck sorta like a cobra. The one I saw threw me off since he was colored more like a bull snake and the trademark "hognose" was not dominate at all, made me a little nervious till I got a good look at the nose.
                    "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

This is last weeks lucky contestant, a little over 4 feet and 14 buttons killed outside of Big Springs on a pipeline.

Three more were killed yesterday and four got away. Watch your step, looks like they're going to be active this year.

Comment

I've seen 3 snakes this year so far. 1st one was at Bear Creek golf course by the cart path and it was a Copper Head, the 2nd was also at Bear Creek but it was just a green grass snake. The 3rd was by my house and was a cotton mouth.
                        03 Dark Shadow Grey Mach1
                        "SMOKEY"

"SLOW STREET CAR"

Comment

I have seen a ton of snakes in the water, but none on land, knock on wood.

Stevo
                          Originally posted by SSMAN
                          ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by slostang281 View Post
                            This is last weeks lucky contestant, a little over 4 feet and 14 buttons killed outside of Big Springs on a pipeline.

Three more were killed yesterday and four got away. Watch your step, looks like they're going to be active this year.
                            Is what I'm thinking too. I hate hate rattlers. Nice snake though. Dead that is...
                            Photobucket

Comment

It then attempted to eat me.

2005 M3 Vert with TSW rims
                              2001 Dodge Dakota R/T C/H/I, gears, exhaust, and 125 shot of nos
                              2012 Ford Edge

Comment

No pic of it but a blue racer chased me last weekend fast ass snake

Sent from my PG86100 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
                                Trick3d EVO

Comment

Working...
                                X