My new project. 85 coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yale
    I want to give her a colonoscopy with my tongue.

Comment

Originally posted by SSsierra90 View Post
      Agreed. I just never liked the quarter windows. That is the only major part of these cars I hate. I finally got the driver window in after 2 hrs of grinding rivits. I gutted the interior too. Nasty ass mess and I found a nice surprise when I took the drivers seat out. Pics to come.
      2005 M3 Vert with TSW rims
      2001 Dodge Dakota R/T C/H/I, gears, exhaust, and 125 shot of nos
      2012 Ford Edge

Comment

I like it better with the newer style windows!
        Originally posted by Nash B.
        Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

4 eyed pride baby. Love it
          KODFWS 2011

Comment

Originally posted by sspstang View Post
            Agreed. I just never liked the quarter windows. That is the only major part of these cars I hate. I finally got the driver window in after 2 hrs of grinding rivits. I gutted the interior too. Nasty ass mess and I found a nice surprise when I took the drivers seat out. Pics to come.
            Ya I don't like the original quarters either or the damn interior. Mine is out of a 90

Comment

Originally posted by SSsierra90 View Post
              Ya I don't like the original quarters either or the damn interior. Mine is out of a 90
              That's on the next list. I have it all down to the dash. I'm gonna hit the junk yard. The seats are rotted. Carpet is junk, dash pad is cracked. Im looking at the same amount of money to restore it correct to 85 or save some money and go with the 87+ dash and interior. The only hard piece to find will be the back panels but they are really close to the same as my 93. I'll probably just dye them.
              2012 Ford Edge

Comment

I have some. 20 takes them

Comment

The quarter windows don't look right to me. I prefer the stock exterior & interior to each respective year of mustang. It is good to know that people are putting the 4eyes back on the road. Good luck with your project.

Comment

Thanks slow84lx. I have always wanted to build a 85-86 coupe. I had a real clean 86 roller back in my younger days, but I traded it for some performance parts for my GT at the time. I was dumb. It was jalapeno red...

With the progress. I started with gutting the interior since the carpet would not dry out. I knew the driver seat seemed real loose. Little did I know what I would find...

Taking Gangsta Lean to a whole nother level.

The window replacement was a bitch to do, but its in now. I still need to do some adjustment on the track.

2012 Ford Edge

Comment

The seats and floor doing that is real common, hence why most of the subframe connectors have attaching points for the seats. I have welded up a couple myself. Never seen it completely torn out though, I guess it just went ignored that long.

Comment

Originally posted by Lason View Post
                        The seats and floor doing that is real common, hence why most of the subframe connectors have attaching points for the seats. I have welded up a couple myself. Never seen it completely torn out though, I guess it just went ignored that long.
                        Probably so. Its no biggie though. It will be a simple fix. I went to la grave swap meet today, and I usually see a lot of 4 eye parts. I did not find anything.. Figures.
                        2012 Ford Edge

Comment

Its not much to look at, as it still wears it's original paint from 1985. It is a roller. It has a 8.8 in it already, and it had the full interior, and all of the wiring. I am about to go buy a negative battery cable and see if all the lights and stuff work. I only paid 350.00 for it. Things it will need, motor and trans. I am shooting for a 408, and T56. I may just swap my motor and trans, out of my coupe, after I build the 408. I need to put the arm rests back on it, and replace the side window. Its broken, but I got a good door with glass. I will update, as I make progress on it.

Did you get this car in South Ft. Worth from some trust worthy folk?
                          '93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
                          '13 Dodge Cummins
                          '14 Rubicon X

Comment

Originally posted by white88 View Post
                            Did you get this car in South Ft. Worth from some trust worthy folk?
                            Yes lol. Luckly I already got the title fixed, I did a bonded title.
                            2012 Ford Edge

Comment

Yes lol. Luckly I already got the title fixed, I did a bonded title.
                              I thought it looked familiar, I went with a couple friends to look at it. Glad to see someone is going to fix her up! Good luck with the build!
                              '93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
                              '13 Dodge Cummins
                              '14 Rubicon X

Comment

Thanks, its a decent car, it was straight, and I could not find any damage other then the nose was changed in 88, but the the aprons, and fenders both match the vin. It is going to take a little work, but its nothing like restoring a 60s- early 70s car. I have come a long ways already. I bought the primer to spray under hood, after I hide everything, and get it all cleaned up.
                                2012 Ford Edge

Comment

Working...
                                X