My new project. 85 coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sspstang View Post
    The only body panel I need is the front driver extension on the fender. All of the molding is perfect. I really lucked out there. My dad was asking me who I planned on keeping the awesome mustang logo at the bottom of the door lmao.
    I would keep it as original as possible minus the drivetrain. I would even keepo the door logos

Comment

This is my blue coupe . Dupont denim metalic . I loved the color . Do not use those ugly late model side glass . The stocker the beter .
      Last edited by dumpycapri85; 01-02-2014, 09:30 AM.
      Big Rooster Racing

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
        I would keep it as original as possible minus the drivetrain. I would even keepo the door logos
        Those logos be bitchin
        Originally posted by dumpycapri85 View Post
        This is my blue coupe . Dupont denim metalic . I loved the color . Do not use those ugly late model side glass . The stocker the beter .
        I like them original looking, I was just never a fan of the side windows. They were thrown in with the deal, so Ill weigh my options when the time comes. I might do a pro touring car. I haven't exactly made up my mind yet. Oh and I love that color. Reminds me of the indigo blue that chevy used in the mid 90s.
        2005 M3 Vert with TSW rims
        2001 Dodge Dakota R/T C/H/I, gears, exhaust, and 125 shot of nos
        2012 Ford Edge

Comment

I decoded the buck tag tonight. Dumpicapri was spot on. It was a V6 car, Oxford white, pretty bare bones. When I took the fenders off they were the originals, there is a plate on both sides of the core support behind the fender. Both match the vin. The nose was replaced in 88, but the core support is perfect as is the crash bumper brackets. I found one rust hole under the battery tray. No biggie, as I will be putting the smooth aprons on it. I started wire wheeling the light surface rust behind the fenders. I will post pics tomorrow. I made excellent progress, in the two hours I spent on it.
          2012 Ford Edge

Comment

Another vote for sonic blue...I dream of having a 79' sonic blue coupe w/LSJuan...

Comment

Originally posted by dumpycapri85 View Post
              Good looking car, you need to get some 85 tails for it.

Comment

Progress Pics:

2012 Ford Edge

Comment

Installed the 87+ quarter windows, and I had a extra driver 87+ mirror, so I test fitted it. Today, I plan on getting my side window replaced, gut the interior, and finish cleaning up the fire wall.

2012 Ford Edge

Comment

Four eye, Baby!

Comment

Good job screwing up that car with those corner windows. Might as well ditch the 4 eye front end now. Poor car

Comment

I like it. Looks good can't wait to see more progress pics.
                        Originally posted by Yale
                        I want to give her a colonoscopy with my tongue.

Comment

Originally posted by Lason View Post
                          Good job screwing up that car with those corner windows. Might as well ditch the 4 eye front end now. Poor car
                          agreed
                          first class white trash

Comment

Originally posted by Lason View Post
                            Kind of like cutting a hole in the hood for a turbocharged LSX in a "classic" 240z?

Comment

Originally posted by Magnimike1 View Post
                              Kind of like cutting a hole in the hood for a turbocharged LSX in a "classic" 240z?

Hell no, thats working with what you got. Now if I would have replaced the front end with a ugly ass yet more modern ZX front end then it would have been a better comparison.

Comment

I hate the new quarter windows, louvers ftw.

Comment

Working...
                                X