Insane tornado footage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insane tornado footage

Just demonic. Great thinking from driver in SUV. I'm wondering what happened to the people running for cover in the parking lot...

That's it?

Comment

crazy
      1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

What was so insane about that?

THIS is an INSANE tornado video:

http://youtu.be/5ohIVzIZLuQ

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
          THIS is an INSANE tornado video:

Doesn't show force in great detail like original link. Plus dude gets moron of the day award. "ZOMG.. I'M GONNA PANT AND SAY 'ZOMG'!"

Comment

That person in the SUV probably thought they were gonna die. A huge chunk of something looks like it smacked the roof of the SUV.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaggin Wagon View Post
              That person in the SUV probably thought they were gonna die. A huge chunk of something looks like it smacked the roof of the SUV.
              x2 I would of been freaking out unless I had someone with me...

Then I'd be like.

Comment

Originally posted by GE View Post
                That's it?
                If that's all you get out of a tornado I'll just roll my windows up next time and drive right through it.

Comment

It shoved that Saturn around a little bit. I bet if that SUV handn't had pulled up the way they did it would have rolled over on it's side.
                  2004 Suzuki DL650
                  1996 Hy-Tek Hurricane 103

Comment

In 94' a storm chaser rolled up into the gas station at the front of my neighborhood in Dville, ran inside and threw down a mapsco on the counter and started trying to find a certain map coordinate and then when we did locate it...we all just kinda looked at each other in shock...his radio told him that a well defined funnel was about to drop on that location...precisely where we were We looked outside at the pumps...and all the hanging signs started blowing vertical and small debris started blowing across the parking lot. I thought we were dead but it didn't touch down until it passed over the store and tore down some trees at the back on my neighborhood. He started trying to find the fastest way to get to Desoto and someone suggested taking 67 to I-20 and then to I35. I was going to take him the back way down Pleasant Run. Glad I didn't. We might have been at Hampton at Pleasant Run when it destroyed the new City Hall. Instead I chased him down 20 to 35...in the hail and blinding rain until he hit a stalled car at Wintergreen. He told me to turn on my camcorder and keep going to Beltline. I tried. At about Pleasant Run where the old K-mart was...all the lights went out (this was at 9:30pm) and it was raining so hard I had to stop on 35. Then the wind started rocking my car EXTREMELY VIOLENTLY and shit started hitting it. I dove down as low as I could go into the floorboard and held my breath for what seemed like forever as the car rocked and the passenger window shattered (window tint held it together for the most part). After a lifetime...everything settled back down to heavy rain and I looked back over the steering wheel and my car was now sitting sideways on I-35. After I caught my breath I drove to the exit at Beltline having to steer around trees, trash cans, shopping carts, telephone poles, and just every kind of debris you could imagine. I made my way to Hampton and Pleasant Run about the same time all the fire trucks, police cars, and ambulances pulled up. One of the cops hollered at me and asked if I was ok..I didn't realize it since I hadn't gotten out of the car since I35..I had 2 flat tires and one very low tire...no passenger side window, one headlight was shattered, and I was soaking wet.

IF I had taken the back way into Desoto or had gone just a couple mph faster..I would probably have been blown off of I-35 at Beltline by an EF4 tornado. As it was...I caught the backend of it after it had already passed the Interstate..and my car was FUCKED up. I didn't realize my camcorder had been running since the stormchaser wrecked out at Wintergreen...needless to say I said a few words and screamed like a little bitch when that wind hit my car.

Comment

I lived in DeSoto when that F4 came through Duncanville/DeSoto/Lancaster. I was actually standing in my backyard watching it go east, lol. It fucked up a bunch of my friends' houses at I-35 and Beltline, then smashed Lancaster Square where I worked nearly every weekend. It was pretty intense.
                      When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                        I lived in DeSoto when that F4 came through Duncanville/DeSoto/Lancaster. I was actually standing in my backyard watching it go east, lol. It fucked up a bunch of my friends' houses at I-35 and Beltline, then smashed Lancaster Square where I worked nearly every weekend. It was pretty intense.
                        I worked at Circuit City in Dville at the time and 2 of my coworkers lived in the Lancaster neighborhood that was destroyed..one of them lived right on the edge of the damage path...the tornado took all of his neighbors homes..and left his standing with barely a scratch. The other...his house was leveled. We had actually been motorcycle riding in that neighborhood earlier in the day. That was eerie. I thought about giving the video to one of the news stations but decided not to since there wasn't much to see. I've chased a few more storms since then...but have made it a point to NOT chase at night...just too damn dangerous. I snapped a couple of pics of a large funnel in Cedar Hill/Midlothian in 2004, and also of a funnel last summer just south of Red Oak on I35 (it eventually hit Gun Barrel City).

Comment

Was delivering pizzas when the F3 went through downtown Fort Worth and Arlington in 2000. I was in the area that got hit in Arlington minutes after it hit, and it looked like a war zone. Luckily I had been a few miles south when it touched down. I felt horrible for those people, looking at what was left of their houses. I had to show police officers I was going into the neighborhood to take food to people who still had houses standing for weeks after it; guess they were keeping an eye out for looters. Some interesting reading and facts about it:

Comment

Oh, and after reading a little more, I'm laughing at them saying only 6 homes were destroyed in Arlington. It was more like 3 dozen. There was a row of six I remember being stripped to pretty much nothing but the foundations, but there quite a few where the second floor was ripped off or collapsed into the first. You can still tell 12 years later where the houses were torn down and completely rebuilt.

Comment

Another good one. Especially 2:13 in

Comment

Working...
                              X