Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How a differential works... vintage video

Skip to 1:50 to get past the intro

Very good explanation. One extra point though is; a differential supplies equal torque to both wheels at all times. A pegged rear doesn't. This seems a little contrary, but its the truth.
    Full time ninja editor.

Comment

That maybe one of the best videos I've ever watched. I generally understood a lot of this stuff before, but this video filled in some gaps.
      Originally posted by MR EDD
      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by majorownage View Post
        a differential supplies equal torque to both wheels at all times. A pegged rear doesn't. This seems a little contrary, but its the truth.
        What?

Comment

love those old tech films

mardyn

Comment

Why would I want to skip the intro. That whole video is an amazing, informative piece of Americana.

Comment

Who are the 93 slimy, little communist shit twinkle-toed cocksuckers who disliked this video?

Comment

pretty cool video. i understood the basics also, but i know i completely understand it
                http://dfwdirtriders.com/ New Website for the off road peeps

Comment

neat video, no telling how much time was involved in making all that.

Comment

Good stuff.
                    "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

2 thumbs up!

Comment

Originally posted by majorownage View Post
                        Very good explanation. One extra point though is; a differential supplies equal torque to both wheels at all times. A pegged rear doesn't. This seems a little contrary, but its the truth.
                        That's what the limited slip clutch is for. I've driven cars w/o one and is sure was easy to spin one tire.

Comment

Working...
                        X