No announcement yet.

Getting my plane painted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excuse me... Do you have any Grey Poupon?

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
      Excuse me... Do you have any Grey Poupon?
      lmao

2003 f250
      1990 mustang gt stock 68k miles
      1990 mustang gt 347 t56
      1994 peterbilt 377 dump truck 450hp cat
      1997 freightliner 500hp detriot[/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by 4pnt6 View Post
        My work is paying for it but I think the 152 was $110/hr and the 172 is $150/hr.
        Where do you work? And damn I need to rent my 150 if I can get 100 an hour for it.
        2004 TR Mustang Mach 1 RIP
        2003 DSG Mustang Mach 1
        2014 Race Red Shelby GT500

Comment

Originally posted by 04mongoose View Post
          Where do you work? And damn I need to rent my 150 if I can get 100 an hour for it.
          That price is fuel, plane, and instructor.

I work for a defense company, DRS Technologies. I'm a pilot/technichian for the UAV department. The FAA only requires UAV pilots to have taken the Private Pilot written exam but I'm sure in the future a Private liscense will be the standard. Some how we convinced our boss to pay for our training.

An ex coworker of ours is an instructor so we hit him up and rent thru decatur jet center.
          00 GT
          Twin Turbo Street Car

Comment

Originally posted by JFurst View Post
            do they not take that MIG up?
            I'm sure by now (those vids were from several months ago) he has taken it up. This was an engine test after some work had been done. It's required by the FAA before he can lift the wheels. He also has a bad ass Russian Helo out there that he was supposed to give me a ride in that day, but it didn't work out. Apparently there were some gage issues after firing it up on the tarmac.

David

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
              Jesus I would have loved to see that. Damnit!
              CJ, next time Matt has another "shoot-fest" out at the river, we should make plans to stop by there and see the aircraft this guy has. If he's out there, I'm betting he'll let us go into his "other" hangars and check out what he doesn't display. Some VERY cool stuff out there, and he's a great guy.

Here's a short vid of the helo (MI-24 Hind) that I was supposed to go up in.

David

Comment

Its almost done
                2003 DSG Mustang Mach 1

Comment

Looks sweet, just needs some STOL wingtips and bigger tires and that = fun!

Comment

Looks really good!
                    00 GT
                    Twin Turbo Street Car

Comment

• What all is involved in getting your pilots cert? It is something I to do/get before I turn 30 as I enjoy flying.

What is the typical cost, time, and all that jazz to get your cert?
                      Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
                      Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

• Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
                        What all is involved in getting your pilots cert? It is something I to do/get before I turn 30 as I enjoy flying.

What is the typical cost, time, and all that jazz to get your cert?
                        Anywhere from $8000-18000 depending on what aircraft, airport, school, etc. You can get it done in a few weeks or a few months. Its like college, how much time do you want to dedicate and how good do you want your education to be?

Comment

• Originally posted by bottlerocket View Post
                          Looks sweet, just needs some STOL wingtips and bigger tires and that = fun!
                          man you dont need STOL wingtip. This thing will already lands stupid short and it wont help your take off much. Id rather leave the straight tips for speed. Flap and aileron gap seals would be more beneficial.
                          2003 DSG Mustang Mach 1

Comment

Anywhere from $8000-18000 depending on what aircraft, airport, school, etc. You can get it done in a few weeks or a few months. Its like college, how much time do you want to dedicate and how good do you want your education to be?
                            x2. it can get very expensive. I got my private in 6 weeks. But I was flying 5 days a week and sometimes twice a day.
                            2003 DSG Mustang Mach 1

Comment

• Originally posted by 04mongoose View Post
                              man you dont need STOL wingtip. This thing will already lands stupid short and it wont help your take off much. Id rather leave the straight tips for speed. Flap and aileron gap seals would be more beneficial.
                              Did you just use the word speed in reference to a 152?

Comment

Did you just use the word speed in reference to a 152?
                                150, but yea when you only have 100 kts or so every one of them counts
                                2003 DSG Mustang Mach 1

Comment

Working...
                                X