Getting my plane painted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
    Man I really want to get back into flying.

I've had to replace the windows on a UH1H, what a bitch. Especially the chin bubbles. The damn things never fit exactly.
    Yeah, some are easier than others! I've done more than I care to count, both airplanes and helicopters. I don't think I'll ever quit being nervous while I'm trimming them to fit!

Comment

Here are some of my pics from the Cedar Mills fly in the wife and I went to back in 2008:

Comment

do they not take that MIG up?

Comment

Our campsite & the plane we flew:

Flight home:

Comment

Originally posted by JFurst View Post
            do they not take that MIG up?
            whatchu be talkin bout foo?

Comment

I've been flying as a student out of decatur since May. Only have a couple more hrs of cross country then I'll take my check ride. I started off flying one of the old 152s up there until it broke on me. Was doing my night landings and when I was taxiing back for take off the flaps wouldn't come up. The owner didn't want to pay to fix it so I've been flying the new 172 skyhawk they have. Wow! Is all I can say about the G1000!

You guys hit me up if yall go flying. I'm always game.
              00 GT
              Twin Turbo Street Car

Comment

Originally posted by 4pnt6 View Post
                I've been flying as a student out of decatur since May. Only have a couple more hrs of cross country then I'll take my check ride. I started off flying one of the old 152s up there until it broke on me. Was doing my night landings and when I was taxiing back for take off the flaps wouldn't come up. The owner didn't want to pay to fix it so I've been flying the new 172 skyhawk they have. Wow! Is all I can say about the G1000!

You guys hit me up if yall go flying. I'm always game.
                How much were you paying for the 152? And 172? I have 150 hours in the g1000 172, they are nice that's for sure
                2004 TR Mustang Mach 1 RIP
                2003 DSG Mustang Mach 1
                2014 Race Red Shelby GT500

Comment

Daniel is that a cardinal rg?
                  2004 TR Mustang Mach 1 RIP
                  2003 DSG Mustang Mach 1
                  2014 Race Red Shelby GT500

Comment

Originally posted by 04mongoose View Post
                    Looks like it to me, but we'll let Daniel asnwer for sure. Great Pictures! Remember the Caravan on floats doing the low passes?

Daniel, Remember the yellow helicopter parked up by the main hangar at Cedar Mills that year? My Musketeer was parked right by it, I was the director of Maintenance for the Heli company back then. My airplane was kinda the pick-up truck to go around to these things.

Comment

If any of you guys are in for a longer trip, a buddy in San Antonio has a Diamond Star and he fly's it to Lajitas Golf Resort on occasion by Big Bend. It looks like a cool trip, they have a skeet shooting setup and old west downtown action shot setup that's pretty fun. I'm hoping to tag along on a trip in late January, I'll post pics if I go.

Once my kids get a little older I'd like to get my PPL and something to take some trips in ... seeing you guys plane's make me itch to get one!
                      DamonH

Comment

Yeah it is, and that is one sexy fuckin plane. If I could have any n/a piston single, thats it

Comment

Here's the Musketeer. Purchased by my Father in 1976, been in the family ever since.

Comment

How much were you paying for the 152? And 172? I have 150 hours in the g1000 172, they are nice that's for sure
                            My work is paying for it but I think the 152 was $110/hr and the 172 is $150/hr.
                            00 GT
                            Twin Turbo Street Car

Comment

Yes it is. Loved that plane.

Comment

Originally posted by cobrajet69 View Post
                                Lancaster - yes. And there's some damned nice old war-birds to gawk at.

Here's a vid I took (cheezy iPhone vid) of a Mig 23 Flogger out at Lancaster.

David
                                Jesus I would have loved to see that. Damnit!
                                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Working...
                                X