My BOV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My BOV

What do yall have? My bug out vehicle is a 1990 Bronco XLT with a 351 sitting on 35's with a Skyjacker 7000 lift.

She has a way to go and the paint is rattle can but I love her. The steering column is shot to hell and you have to use vice grips to crank it but she runs strong.
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

LOL @ "Big Papa"

Comment

I spent 20 minutes scraping that off. Across the back in the same lettering was "Dakota." Evidently, it belonged to a Sheriff's Deputy and his son's name was Dakota.

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
        I spent 20 minutes scraping that off. Across the back in the same lettering was "Dakota." Evidently, it belonged to a Sheriff's Deputy and his son's name was Dakota.
        That's good, because I was originally going to post how gay it looked, but didn't just in case it was some sort of father/son thing. Have you painted the green stuff black yet?

Comment

You definitely don't need a front plate on your bug out rig.

Comment

So in the case of a doomsday scenario, where is the gasoline going to come from to fuel these BOV guzzlers?

Comment

Originally posted by Buick355 View Post
              So in the case of a doomsday scenario, where is the gasoline going to come from to fuel these BOV guzzlers?
              Plenty of fuel racks around town, not to mention a hose and pump dropped in a gas stations tank.

Comment

Any of these 3
                Last edited by lowthreeohz; 07-05-2012, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Mine is a f350crew4wd diesel.
                  That shit is free in the apocalypse!

Comment

That’s why you get a diesel rig. With a drain pan, punch, and a hammer any time you cross an abandoned car with an auto trans, you have fresh fuel.

edit

Also isn’t the main goal of a bug out vehicle to get you the hell away from the shit that’s going down right the fuck now?
                    Once you’re out of gas you should be to your bug out spot right?

Comment

Good bug out vehicle IMO is a small diesel with a biofuel conversion. Run diesel when you have it and switch to veggie oil if you need to.

Comment

you need some half inch metal skin plates under the truck, some ranch hand bumpers on the front and rear. You need the same half inch metal plates over all the windows with small mess ports to see out of. Cut a hole in the roof so you can shoot zombies from the top. In fact, if you could remote mount guns on both sides that would be good too. Maybe you could mount 3 foot spikes on the front of the truck? you got a lot of work to do, the end of the world doesnt wait for procrastinators...
                        Last edited by War Machine; 02-18-2012, 09:56 AM.

Comment

I'm working on getting her ready. This is stage one. And what do we do with these gas guzzlers? You drive them to your bug out location and then park them. They are to get away, to haul your stuff with you and to get far out in BFE.

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                            I'm working on getting her ready. This is stage one. And what do we do with these gas guzzlers? You drive them to your bug out location and then park them. They are to get away, to haul your stuff with you and to get far out in BFE.
                            oh ok so youre going to have another BOV? good thinking. Maybe Prius with metal shields?

Comment

Don't you already live in BFE? Where are you going to bug out to?

Comment

Working...
                              X