Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Street wheels for my coupe (need to run 28's on the back)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

or these can be had cheap as well 96/97 cobras

Comment

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
      I think those would look great, and I've got some I'll sell ya!

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
        I think those would look great, and I've got some I'll sell ya!
        I'll give you my left nut
        Originally posted by Buzzo
        Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

I appreciate the offer, but I got out of selling human organs after the SWAT team raided the house. Cash is now the preferred method of payment.

Comment

I love the fr500 on a coupe pure sex

Comment

This is the same delima I faced as well - the only major problem is that if you change to numerically lower gears with that much power, your torque converter will NOT like you and will likely burn up a high gear after a dozen or so passes.

I don't or won't drive mine enough to necessitate another set of street wheels, I'm too lazy to change 2 wheels, much less ALL of them.

FWIW, I am relatively sure there's no difference between FMS gears and 'stock' gears... after all, FMS is Ford.

Comment

brooks always killing my grand ideas! it would be nice to buy some rpm's, but i don't want to burn up the trans in the process. only problem with jumping from 3.73's to something like 3.55 or 3.27 is that i don't know if the difference is great enough for the effort.

Comment

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
                  brooks always killing my grand ideas! it would be nice to buy some rpm's, but i don't want to burn up the trans in the process. only problem with jumping from 3.73's to something like 3.55 or 3.27 is that i don't know if the difference is great enough for the effort.
                  I'll explain it like this -

In your mind the difference may not be that much, but for the car it's a BIG change.

We took Tony's car to Ennis (aka fast408) and with the 3.55's it went through the lights at 7500. Trans burned up after 5 or 6 passes. Took it to Mike, he fixed it. Put it back with 3.27's in it - burned up the trans again in 3 or 4 passes, banging on the limiter at 1000' or so. Burned it up again. (in the datalog you could see it drop 800 on the shift).

It was finally apparent what was happening - the converter was slipping at the top end because of the gears / weight of the car / power.

We got the trans fixed again, flushed the converter etc.. and put 3.73's in it. The car picked up almost .2 in the quarter, 5 MPH, went through the lights at 6900 and had 150+ passes on that trans. No other changes.

This is likely an extreme case, hard to say - but with only fluid coupling the converter to the rest of the drivetrain, you have to keep that in mind.

Comment

For sure. I just worry that the car won't have the gear to make a 1/4 mile pass as it sits. Not that I really plan to run a 1/4, but I think ~130mph is all it's good for as it sits.

Comment

Per my log from the last time at the track I was seeing ~117mph @ 6k in 3rd.

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
                        I appreciate the offer, but I got out of selling human organs after the SWAT team raided the house. Cash is now the preferred method of payment.
                        lol, nice
                        Originally posted by Buzzo
                        Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X