Opinions on wheels....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doug Hatton View Post
    That's pretty much the look I think I'm going for... just on a black car and lowered... I like it! I got the windows done today, so it's coming together!
    Very clean and understated. I dig it.

Comment

What are y'all's thoughts on staggered vs. the same front to back? I could do a 19x8.5/19x9.5 or 9.5" all the way around...

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
        nice car paul. you still have the mach???

god bless.
        Yeah, I just rip off other peoples car pics

Comment

SOOO, staggered or not?

Comment

staggered fo sho, only pita is not being able to rotate at all since they will surely be directional as well.

Comment

The main reason I'm considering staggered is because I can keep the 4 tires that are currently on my car and use them for the fronts since they'll be the same size as what's on the front now.

Comment

I would go staggered.

Not because there is any performance benefit (there isn't) and it makes rotating tires impossible.

But it does look a lot better IMO. These cars have a wedge-ish shape to them, so a slighter wider wheel with a slightly taller tire looks best. If you run the same size wheels/tires all the way around, the rear wheel looks lost in the wheelwell. See the gray car above - wheels are sweet, tires are too small.
                When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                  I would go staggered.

Not because there is any performance benefit (there isn't) and it makes rotating tires impossible.

But it does look a lot better IMO. These cars have a wedge-ish shape to them, so a slighter wider wheel with a slightly taller tire looks best. If you run the same size wheels/tires all the way around, the rear wheel looks lost in the wheelwell. See the gray car above - wheels are sweet, tires are too small.
                  when it comes to automotive style, i'd listen to this guy

when it comes to hair care, not so much

Comment

Staggered. That's really the main thing I have against the wheels on the red car pictured in post #1 - they look like FWD wheels all the way around.

Comment

Working...
                    X