Blackhawks over Alaska

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackhawks over Alaska

Pretty bad ass, they're a monster of a helicopter I'd like to see if and what kind of anti icing equipment they have.

Comment

awesome!

Comment

anti ice bleed air valve. least thats what the navy 60s had.
        ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

windshield anti ice, engine anti-ice, air inlet anti-ice, m/r blade anti-ice, and t/r blade anti-ice. They work awesome....when you can get them to work :P we have a hard time making sure they work here in Texas when we tear them apart and put them back together.
          "The Fox body mustang is a vagina car.If you don't have one to play with...you WANT one to play with....unless your're a fag..."

Comment

Originally posted by oatburner99 View Post
            windshield anti ice, engine anti-ice, air inlet anti-ice, m/r blade anti-ice, and t/r blade anti-ice. They work awesome....when you can get them to work :P we have a hard time making sure they work here in Texas when we tear them apart and put them back together.
            didnt know they had anti ice for the blades.
            ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Originally posted by matts5.0 View Post
              didnt know they had anti ice for the blades.
              while I wouldn't doubt it in the numerous helicopters I've had have had NO anti icing equipment on the blades. Which is why I asked.

Comment

Originally posted by onemeangixxer7502 View Post
                while I wouldn't doubt it in the numerous helicopters I've had have had NO anti icing equipment on the blades. Which is why I asked.
                you would have to be flying in some COLD ass shit to need any sort of anti ice for the blades.
                ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

you would have to be flying in some COLD ass shit to need any sort of anti ice for the blades.
                  no actually you don't......

Comment

Originally posted by onemeangixxer7502 View Post
                    no actually you don't......
                    below freezing and in humid air....

Comment

Originally posted by bottlerocket View Post
                      below freezing and in humid air....
                      well the birds i worked on didnt seem to have a problem with frozen blades. maybe that had more to do with what they were made of though? maybe it had to do with the fact we didnt fly them to alaska, mainly the desert.
                      ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

well the birds i worked on didnt seem to have a problem with frozen blades. maybe that had more to do with what they were made of though? maybe it had to do with the fact we didnt fly them to alaska, mainly the desert.
                        Just depends on the condition, I've encountered icing conditions here in ok and it had enough ice to throw the rotoros out of balance and needed more power to sustain that flight attitude. I was like WTF is going on haha. You'd be surprised how just little changes in pitch or noise will make your ears perk up and start looking around thinking.. ."wtF"

Comment

Word!

I worked on Seahawks in the Navy (B, F, and H models). 99% of the time, we had the MRB deice system disabled (harnesses removed). We usually didn't flying in even possible icing conditions and the MRB deice controller is a complete P.O.S. anyway. As a civilian, up until recently, I did repairs and overhauls on all models of the H-60 MRBs and TRBs. They have a heated matrix deice mats along the leading edge of the outboard 2/3 or so of each blade/paddle, partly covered by the abrasion strip.
                          "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Working...
                          X