Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IMAX Fighter Pilot - Operation Red Flag, Nellis AFB

48 min long... full screen and enjoy

Red Flag is an advanced aerial combat training exercise hosted at Nellis Air Force Base, Nevada and Eielson Air Force Base, Alaska, the latter location being known as Red Flag – Alaska and being a successor to the previous COPE THUNDER exercise series. Since 1975, air crews from the United States Air Force (USAF) and other U.S. military branches and allies take part in one of several Red Flag exercises held during the year, each of which is two weeks in duration.

The Red Flag exercises, conducted in four to six cycles a year by the 414th Combat Training Squadron of the 57th Wing, are very realistic aerial war games. The purpose is to train pilots from the U.S., NATO and other allied countries for real combat situations. This includes the use of "enemy" hardware and live ammunition for bombing exercises within the Nevada Test and Training Range.

Just watched it all, great flick. the WWII pilots had balls of steel to do it like they did.

Comment

Thanks for posting!
      2012 Competition Orange BOSS 302
      www.militarystangs.com

Comment

Seen that one before... It's a good vid...

My F-14 Squadron was sent to Nellis AFB twice while I was in.... once to Red Flag and once to Green Flag...

I was amazed at how much nicer Air Force support equipment, barracks, and mess areas were compared to the stuff we had in the Navy.... (I guess most Navy dollars go to those damn carriers... LOL)

The amount of different aircraft from different countries and services was astounding...

Great deployment and we had a ball in Vegas both times....

Comment

cool video, be a blast to fly something like that.

Comment

i'll watch it later

Comment

Originally posted by Gargamel View Post

I was amazed at how much nicer Air Force support equipment, barracks, and mess areas were compared to the stuff we had in the Navy.... (I guess most Navy dollars go to those damn carriers... LOL)
              No doubt Navy/Marines had some shithole quarters. Only stayed a couple times on those bases because they were so shitty. LOL at the time we took my jet to Pt.Mugu for a friggen airshow, the AC got pissed when he seen mice in the room, was out of there quick.

Comment

I'll be at RF next month! Hell yeah!

Comment

Sent this to my Dad. F-111 pilot, been to Red Flag many times.
                  If you can read this thank a teacher. If it's in English thank a soldier.

Comment

BTW, that movie would be a lot better without the fake radio calls. No one sounds that f'n cheery on the radios, especially in combat.

Comment

great post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Unless we get put up in hotels we always get screwed on billeting when we go to red flags. They don't believe in having AC until its apparently over 90 degrees out. The last time I was there the Spanish AF brought coke and wouldn't let customs on, huge ordeal, all the cops finally had something to do though.

Comment

Working...
                        X