No announcement yet.

Advice on truck paint..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check out summit single stage Acrylic Urethane in satin, $80/gal. Can't be the worst shit out there, but i'd try it on an old beater. I wouldn't be putting anything but Automotive paint on it IF you EVER intend on refinishing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
      exactly

when you're talking about a $100k+ car? ok, the satin black has a little swag to it...

but on a $2500 car? it looks like a $2500 car in primer
      Actually, I'd say if you spray bomb a $2500 car flat black, it turns into a $1500 car

Comment

You could do the whole truck on the cheap, couple hundred bucks and about 40 hours. Or you could spend a day painting just the extra cab to match, wouldn't take much.

Oh, and flat black isn't any easier, or cheaper, unless you're using ultra cheap paint. Looks like shit anyway.

Comment

My advice.

Get on EBay.

Type in base/clear paint kit. Buy a $25 gun and get a non metallic paint. Sand truck, follow directions on applying paint, and let it bump. Stay away from metallic paints. They are very hard to spray as a newbie with a cheap gun.

For Under $300 you can have a decent/tough base clear. I have used the ebay paint before with good results.

Or, find the guy who whiteboy uses to paint his stangs.

Comment

Working...
          X