2012 Chevrolet Caprice cop cars are showing up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 Chevrolet Caprice cop cars are showing up

I just spotted one driving down 180 in Weatherford. I had heard they were going to start rebadging the Pontiac G8's as Caprices, and it looks like they did do it. Anyone else spotted some?

355hp/384ftlbs - Power not as much as the G8's were, but still faster than 95% of anyone that's gonna run.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

They are not a rebagged G8. They are based off a Australian car.
    Very similar but non interchangeable body parts. Ours are do to start rolling in in March.

Comment

Originally posted by G.. View Post
      Very similar but non interchangeable body parts. Ours are do to start rolling in in March.
      Yeah they are based off the Holden Commodore, I'm aware of that. Since we don't have Holdens, I used the G8 as it's the same car essentially that people would recognize. Holden makes a Caprice still in Australia. I wish they would bring over more Aussie cars.
      Last edited by CJ; 01-19-2012, 11:23 AM.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

That looks sweet. Are they gonna sell civilian models? A caprice ss would be dope.
        http://www.amazon.com/Viralution-Don...don+kehlenbeck

www.facebook.com/TheViralution

Comment

Originally posted by tribaltalon View Post
          That looks sweet. Are they gonna sell civilian models? A caprice ss would be dope.
          I doubt it, it's essentially a G8 and it bombed in the US already.

Comment

Not too smart on GM's part to try and sell a seventy two thousand pound V8 car during a gas crisis. If it were a one hundred two thousand pound SUV it may have been different...

Comment

Son-of-a-bitch, those back seats look even smaller than before

I'm too damn tall to get arrested anymore.
              .223 > 911

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                Not too smart on GM's part to try and sell a seventy two thousand pound V8 car during a gas crisis. If it were a one hundred two thousand pound SUV it may have been different...
                LOL, yeah it's pretty heavy, 4,000lbs isn't a thin lady. I'm still interested in buying one if they would ever fucking drop in price.

Comment

They look like Impalas. Why don't they use the Ford Taurus or Fusions?

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                    The SHO has been used for squad cars but it's too expensive. Turbo cars usually don't do to well idling 24hrs a day, or at least that's the theory. Fusion is FWD, and from what I've seen lately departments will chose RWD if they can get it.

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                      I doubt it, it's essentially a G8 and it bombed in the US already.
                      I wouldn't blame the car though. Kinda hard to sell a new model of car during the biggest recession/depression since the 30's. It was just a factor of timing IMO. I think it would sell well now.

Comment

Originally posted by Hmbre97 View Post
                        I wouldn't blame the car though. Kinda hard to sell a new model of car during the biggest recession/depression since the 30's. It was just a factor of timing IMO. I think it would sell well now.
                        Yeah but do you think they could convince their shareholders of that? I don't think I would try it if I had money on the line. Besides, Americans know the Caprice as a big 4 door. The Holden is not a large 4 door, it's a mid size.

Comment

Originally posted by G.. View Post
                          are you somehow suggesting that the G8 wasn't based off "a" Australian car? LOL
                          http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                            Dont make a fusion PI.
                            And the SHO is a joke. You're choices are a v-6 fwd or the eco boost awd. No big dept with a fleet dept worth a fuck will outfit the PD with a awd car. And only a no chase municipality would get a FWD v-6 car or the SUV PI they offer. Chevy and Dodge will own this market till Ford comes out with another rwd sedan pursuit rated

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                              are you somehow suggesting that the G8 wasn't based off "a" Australian car? LOL
                              Not at all. Read what he wrote and what I wrote. I stated they are not rebagged G8's. They are very similiar as all the GTO/caddy/G8s are. lol

Comment

Working...
                              X