Paint experts!! What happened?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint experts!! What happened?

Painted my truck Saturday. It got rained on Monday night and as of yesterday, the driverside bed and door look like this. The clear is still there and evertthing is smooth an shiny. It's like the silver was washed away some how. Its a BC/CC and was (I thought) cured. Ideas?

Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Not cured?

Comment

I'm no expert, but it looks like the clear may have had too much hardener in it.

Comment

Clear has a "sand able in 24 hrs"

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Looks like some kind of chemical reaction. Are you sure nothing else got on the truck?
          1997 viper gts
          1986 turbo mustang
          1987 Buick grand national
          1972 nova

Comment

Why did it do it AFTER it rained and only in that one spot when everything was shot together.?

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Preus View Post
              Looks like some kind of chemical reaction. Are you sure nothing else got on the truck?
              That's what I was thinking but it only did it on the one side and it looks like water spots.

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Was that the side facing the sun after it rained?

Comment

That sucks when i sprayed mine i had something like that happen to me. The reason was i washed it to get all the dust off and ended up using a rag with wax on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
                    That's what I was thinking but it only did it on the one side and it looks like water spots.
                    Did you prep that side different in any way? did you happen to be on that side of the truck using some kind of aerosol can around the shop before you painted it?

Comment

That side was facing the yard when it rained. Nothing was done weird or different than the rest of the truck. It still had water on it when I noticed it. Today is the first day it has seen actual sun and not over cast sky's.

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Could have flashed on you. Just let it set for a few days and then scuff it and reshoot it and clear it. Sometimes the reducer can act up.

Comment

Is it ruff? If so then it moisture, rain. If it's smooth and not foggy then its an easy fix.

Comment

Ya, it's smooth as glass. I'm dissatisfied with the whole paint job actually. It looks splotchy and shitty IMO. It looked good at first but now that the sun it out I think it looks horrible.

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Originally posted by z06killinsbf View Post
                              ya, it's smooth as glass. I'm dissatisfied with the whole paint job actually. It looks splotchy and shitty imo. It looked good at first but now that the sun it out i think it looks horrible.

<-------motherfucker, I suck at painting.

lmao

Comment

Working...
                              X