Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New restoration project. 1957 Cadillac Coupe Deville.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Noice! I've always liked teh 57'. Very sexy!

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
      That car is gorgeous! The '55-57 Cads with the single headlights are my favorites. And don't let anyone tell you different, the '59s are tacky lol.

It sounds from your post it will be a driver quality resto and that will be a lot of fun. A full resto would be crazy expensive. A lot of those parts are chromed pot metal and there's only a few places that can rechrome them.

Is it factory pink? Still the original 365? My dad is fixing up his '64 Coupe DeVille and I may be able to help you locate some parts. I know a place off I-35 that has about ten of those, but the owner is a restorer and I think they are his personal parts stash. I'm excited for ya man - and jealous!

BTW, Steve Wertheimer (owner of the Continental Club in Austin) has a lavender one.

http://www.concierge.com/images/destinations/destinationguide/usa+canada/usa/texas/austin/austin_022p.jpg[/img]
      Yeah, it's going to be a driver quality, not a full blown show car. My mom wants to take it to a few swap meets, or car shows. Maybe go get some groceries in it. I personally want to take it out to cars and coffee. Factory pink, original 365. And yes, I will probably need help finding some parts, especially some of the misc stuff like the antenna and some light covers inside. I might even be able to do some swapping, I have a crap ton of parts and chrome for a 51 cadillac Fleetwood.

Comment

sweet caddy! Im jealous!!

Comment

Looks to be in very good shape considering a tree fell on it.
          www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Very cool!!
            92 LX 5.0

Comment

I think I've seen a couple of posts about this car going to a bodyshop for roof repair. Might be cheaper and easier to make an offer on this coupe instead and just swap the roof onto your good car.

When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Here's another couple.

When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post

That's the weirdest cowl hood I've ever seen. lol

Comment

The roof isn't that bad anymore. Been crazy busy at work for the past couple of weeks and haven't had time to take it to anyone.

Comment

JC are you familiar with the IROC motor & suspension? My 88 has sloppy steering & needs to be timed & just gone over. Any chance I could talk you in to taking a look at it. It runs great, But dies when you let off the gas & the steering is sloppy on it. I think it needs all new suspension along with a new steering column
                      GOD BLESS TEXAS
                      August Landscaping
                      214-779-7278
                      Seb's high class.
                      He'll mow your grass.
                      He'll kick your ass.
                      And while his kidney stones pass,
                      He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Working...