Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New restoration project. 1957 Cadillac Coupe Deville.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New restoration project. 1957 Cadillac Coupe Deville.

My mom and dad used to restore and sell classic cars back in the late 80's and early 90's. They have had a lot of exotics over the years, 57 bel air convertible, Chevelle SS 396, Jensen Interceptor, etc, but they haven't had an old one in a LONG time. Well, she picked up a 1957 Cadillac Coupe Deville last night. Got it for a pretty good price because a tree fell on it and the brakes supposedly weren't working. Got it home today and I pushed the roof out a bit. Got it started and she runs like a dream, brakes are working fine.

Here are a few pics. They are a touch blurry thanks to the low light conditions. No doubt her plan is going to be having me and my dad restore it back original, paint it pink and the she will drive it till the wheels fall off.

Always thought 57 Caddies were under rated. Good to see the original hubcaps on it. Those would have cost you if they were missing.

Comment

fucking pimp as hell

Comment

bad ass.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
          Always thought 57 Caddies were under rated. Good to see the original hubcaps on it. Those would have cost you if they were missing.
          The 59 kind of overshadowed it, but I really like the 57. I have seen something like $500 for a set of those hubcaps. Aside from the antenna, a coupe deville emblem, and a couple of misc parts, it's complete. Even has the original white wall spare in the trunk.

Comment

nice, i like it.

Comment

My favorite year Caddy. That will be nice.

Comment

That front seat looks comfy as hell

Comment

Only doctors could afford those in my days. Nice looking condition for its age. That should be a fun restore.
                  Mustangs previously owned:
                  1967 Coupe V8 (My first car)
                  1992 LX AOD
                  1993 LX Drag Car
                  1995 GTS
                  1997 Cobra
                  2000 Cobra R

2002 Corvette C5 A4 10.64@ 127.1
                  Undercover SC Dragster 8.10's

In the garage now....
                  2016 Honda Accord Touring
                  2015 F-150 Silver 5.0 XLT SuperCrew, like new condition

Retired 2008 after 41 years as an EE at LTV (Garland)/TI/Raytheon. Enjoying ham radio now.

Comment

i dig it
                    1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

Cool.

That is one big ass dent in the driver side door. Should come out though.

Comment

That car is gorgeous! The '55-57 Cads with the single headlights are my favorites. And don't let anyone tell you different, the '59s are tacky lol.

It sounds from your post it will be a driver quality resto and that will be a lot of fun. A full resto would be crazy expensive. A lot of those parts are chromed pot metal and there's only a few places that can rechrome them.

Is it factory pink? Still the original 365? My dad is fixing up his '64 Coupe DeVille and I may be able to help you locate some parts. I know a place off I-35 that has about ten of those, but the owner is a restorer and I think they are his personal parts stash. I'm excited for ya man - and jealous!

BTW, Steve Wertheimer (owner of the Continental Club in Austin) has a lavender one.

When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

That's gonna be nice!
                          www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                            BTW, Steve Wertheimer (owner of the Continental Club in Austin) has a lavender one.
                            his is my fav... on sabres, too.. mmmmhmmmmm

57 cads are bitch to restore, no matter how you do it but these cars are probably some of the most rewarding when 'done'.

and if all else fails you can unload the caps off someone building a custom and make enough scratch to fill the tank up lol

Comment

Ballin! I like the pink too. Looks to be in pretty solid shape other than the shit the tree fucked up.
                              Originally posted by BradM
                              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                              Originally posted by Leah
                              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Working...
                              X