Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Mustang II King Cobra is in the garage, new project underway!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Mustang II King Cobra is in the garage, new project underway!

Well, she's finally here, in all her 34 year old glory. Haven't done a thing to her yet, other than snap a few pics. Going tomorrow morning to pick up a trunk full of spare parts from a local guy who's getting out of the Mustang II business, and I've already ordered several parts. Going to take my time with this one and at leat try to do it right! LOL!

Be sure and pay close attention to the last picture. That is 1970's digital technology at it's very best!

Also want to thank Kyle at Titan (and Matt, who actually did the work! LOL!) for getting her home safe and sound.

Too cool man. What's the plans for it ? I've got a 347 rotating assembly that needs a new home !

-Aaron

Comment

Never liked those cars. Too much like a pinto
      Vortex rear stand $75
      8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
      My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
      but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
      11 4 door
      13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Awesome! And damn it reminds me of Denny's old King Cobra. It was orange.
        When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by Txstang1 View Post
          Never liked those cars. Too much like a pinto
          My exact thoughts, why bother?

I guess that's why Baskin Robbins sells 32 different flavors of ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by CRASH View Post
            Too cool man. What's the plans for it ? I've got a 347 rotating assembly that needs a new home !

-Aaron
            Strip it down and get rid of some minor rust issues first (under the battery tray and behind the right rear wheel looks like all of it). After that, a nice slow mechanical resto-mod. I'm thinking the new FRPP 306 crate motor would work pretty good. 340 hp and only 2800 pounds should be fun.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
              Awesome! And damn it reminds me of Denny's old King Cobra. It was orange.
              Denny's current II is sort of inspiration for this one.

Comment

I like the interior, but damn the exterior of the Mustang II is fugly. At least it's a King Cobra though. I still give my dad hell for trading in his 69 Mach 1 for a 76 Mustang V6.

Comment

Originally posted by kidcapri View Post
                  My exact thoughts, why bother?

I guess that's why Baskin Robbins sells 32 different flavors of ice cream.
                  Mostly because it's something I wanted when I was younger, and it's not another Fox. I've had enough of them for a while, but I do still have my '85 RS in the driveway too.

Comment

Originally posted by SonicblueGT03 View Post
                    Any pictures of Denny's II? My dad use to have a blue one but I dont remember if it was an 6 or 8.
                    Originally posted by Da Prez
                    Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                    Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Originally posted by Juiced4v View Post
                      Any pictures of Denny's II? My dad use to have a blue one but I dont remember if it was an 6 or 8.
                      wouldnt matter, the 8's only had like 120hp and automatics lol

Comment

I've got some 2" drop spindles with 5lug if you need some, and keep the pics coming

Comment

Looks to be in pretty good shape for it's age...
                          70' Chevelle RagTop
                          (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

I'm thinking the new FRPP 306 crate motor would work pretty good. 340 hp and only 2800 pounds should be fun.
                            Just remember the '82+ 302s are 50oz imbalance and the only MII flywheel was a 143-tooth 28oz. It can make engine swaps a PITA, ask Denny about his.
                            Man, you're setting the bar low!
                            Originally posted by Juiced4v View Post
                            Any pictures of Denny's II?
                            When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

i am still waiting to see what Denny's car looks like. I need to see at least one car that people think looks good.

Comment

Working...
                              X