Bocephus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
    Well, which album are you referring too? He released 4 last month.
    He was on a record label that he fucking hated, and he didnt want to make them any money. He told his fans (in advance) the next couple records would be garbage. He was simply making music to get off that label, CURB records.
    The one after straight to hell.

Well, I guess that explains a lot lol
    Last edited by War Machine; 12-03-2011, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Love me some Hank Jr. I'm a big Texas Country, anti Nashville guy, and i don't associate Hank Jr. w/ Nashville. He was a big part of the whole " Outlaw Country", which later spawned Texas Country imo.

You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

Comment

Haven't heard that one in a long while, always good. Some of HankIII's stuff is pretty good. I remember we used to listen to whiskey, weed and women when it came out.

Comment

Joe buck still hanks bassist?

Comment

Vortex rear stand $75
            8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
            My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
            but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
            11 4 door
            13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzo View Post
              Hank III shows are good, very nice guy too. Goes out of his way to take pictures and sign anything those toothless bastards bring him
              agreed. this sums up why i go see him..

Comment

Man of Steel - Solid performance by Hank Jr there.

Blues Man - Never heard it before tonight but have hit replay quite a few times. Thanks for sharing.

Mr. Lincoln - another Hank Jr. song that I've never heard but like now.

One of my favorite Hank Jr songs that I rarely hear.

Last edited by slow84lx; 12-03-2011, 11:11 PM.

Comment

probably my favorite but really like most of all his stuff.

Comment

Hank III & AssJack (with Pimpadelic) doing Cocaine the White Devil. Video quality improves after the first 30 seconds or so...my buddy shot this from his wheelchair, so cut him some slack, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by JasonRR View Post
                      Hank III & AssJack (with Pimpadelic) doing Cocaine the White Devil. Video quality improves after the first 30 seconds or so...my buddy shot this from his wheelchair, so cut him some slack, lol.
                      I tried to listen to this but it just hurt my ears. It is a little short in the musicality department.

Comment

cant stand hank III shit just sucks.

Comment

It's UN-American to dislike Hank Jr.!

Comment

Never was too crazy about Junior - maybe because they used to wear out his over-commercialized stuff on the radio. I like the shit out of Man of Steel though.

What M Haggard song/video you referring to Cooter?

Comment

Awesome thread! I can still see my old man in the garage drinking with Hank Sr or Jr blasting, it just makes me feel good to hear his music. Can't say that about many singers these days.
                              Originally posted by Nash B.
                              Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                                they pull this down and put it back up every now and then...
                                I remember the first time you posted this on the old board. It was the first time I'd heard this version and I made sure to save the link. A couple months later it was gone and I was pissed. Very pissed.

Bless you for finding it again.

Comment

Working...
                                X