Bocephus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bocephus

they pull this down and put it back up every now and then...

if you can't appreciate this performance then just don't ever talk to me because we don't see eye to eye on anything

http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

FUCK.
    I can appreciate it, but I like III far more. I've seen III 3.5 times. He sounds just like his grand daddy. I associate JR with Nashville, and I shy away from that. I wont even claim that I like country music because its association with TN. Now, Texas Country on the other hand, that shit will move me like nothing else.

Vodka tonic inspired posting.
    DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

I can appreciate you associating Jr with Nashville...

My wife can't stand him. But he bucked the system the best he could and he was ultra-commercial quite often.

But you can't watch that performance and dismiss the heart of it

I've never been a fan of III. I appreciate the lineage, but he's never pulled on my heart strings in the slightest.

I know a lot of people say that about Jr., but I keep using this performance as a reference. They used to pull it off of Youtube almost as soon as it was posted. The past couple/few years, it stays up.

And I'm glad. I can catch a goosebump off of it every few times I watch it

Comment

Goddamn. Pretty fucking amazing.
        "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Why do they pull it?

Coots, Listen to "country Heros", and "Pills I took". Seriously.
          I first heard him when I was an army recruiter. I was in a serious battle with alcoholism, and a slight case depression. His music was (and still is) like nothing I'd ever heard. Try to listen to "Thrown out of a Bar", and keep that diesel under 100 mph.
          I'm not going to turn this into a video posting war, but its hard to imagine someone who likes Jr, not loving III.

CARRY ON.
          DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

I haven't visted III in almost 10yrs

back then he just seemed like he was trying too hard to be something else

If you say he's worth re-visiting, I'll respect your opinion and do so.

I can't promise that it'll be tomorrow, next week, or next year! LOL

But I can promise to take a listen with open ears.

Comment

and I don't know why they used to pull this video.

They also used to pull my favorite Merle Haggard recording of all time and I haven't seen it in a good 5-6yrs

This particular Jr song would go a good 2-3yrs off the radar before it would pop up again.

Again, I am NOT a huge Jr. fan! But if you can't dig this shit? I don't know you

Comment

Youre telling me you cannot take a solid 6 minutes, to could quite possibly change you fucking LIFE. UNACCEPTABLE. PM INBOUND.
                DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

I appreciate your passion... reading PM

Comment

yeahhh. that was country music. it was all great untill the mid 90's country music boom and then it went to shit. country aint what it used to be.

Comment

That was tits. Hank is hurting when singing that.

Forrest, what Merle song?

Comment

Modern country has turned to just more pop shit with a little more guitar. I choose to stick with the hanks, cash, a little Conway, merle, and a whole shit ton of Texas country. Whether it's the ballads or the drinkin songs, they all move me.

Cooter, never heard that one before. Badass.
                        Why put off till tomorrow what you can put off till the next day?
                        -Fred Sanford

Comment

Good song.

Hank III was garbage years ago and still sucks today.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                            I haven't visted III in almost 10yrs

back then he just seemed like he was trying too hard to be something else

If you say he's worth re-visiting, I'll respect your opinion and do so.

I can't promise that it'll be tomorrow, next week, or next year! LOL

But I can promise to take a listen with open ears.
                            Pretty much the same for me.
                            Vortex rear stand $75
                            8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
                            My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
                            but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
                            11 4 door
                            13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

I can dig it.

Comment

Working...
                              X