Motor Back in Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motor Back in Again

Well, after a couple broken pistons, scored cylinder walls, and killing a set of rings, The motor is together and back in the car.

Now, 20 over 9.25:1 Probe pistons, total seal rings, swapped the F1a for a D1, modified the cooling system to remove expansion tank and run conventional overflow tank.

Set the motor in...........

Fabbed Coolant overflow tank from $1 water bottles

D1

Buttoned Up

Previous Carnage

Last edited by shumpertdavid; 12-02-2011, 05:27 PM.

What'd you do to the D1? It was blinged out when we traded!

Glad you got the motor back in!
    00 GT
    Twin Turbo Street Car

Comment

Looks good, why did you damage the engine the last time?
      1967 Mustang Fastback - 5.0 32V Stroked Teksid - Supercar GT heads - MARCELLA Billet intake -
      - Twin Precision 6766 Turbo set up - BigStuff3 - AMS1000 - Built GM 4l80e - Art Morrison Chassis
      - Sparco Milano Leather Seats- Forged 18" wheels - 29" M/T tires + A/C & heat!

1991 TT Mod Foxbody Coupe- Build thread... http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=422864

Comment

What was the top ring gap on the first set of pistons.
        Full time ninja editor.

Comment

Originally posted by 4pnt6 View Post
          What'd you do to the D1? It was blinged out when we traded!

Glad you got the motor back in!
          Hit the gear housing with some 600 grit then wiped it with stove polish to give it a brushed look, had and adapter built and pressed onto the volute to give me a 4 inch inlet so it fit my current inlet setup better and shot the volute with semi gloss to match the rest of underhood stuff. I'm not into the maintenance with the bling

Originally posted by XR_1 View Post
          Looks good, why did you damage the engine the last time?
          Had tuning issues running low impedance injectors and a driver, so I swapped to high impedance 80's which through the tune way off. Few partial pulls on the dyno were lean (starting in the 16:1 range under low boost), added a bunch of fuel too it and washed the cylinders would be my guess. Only had @ 800 miles on that set of rings on a freshen up when.

Originally posted by majorownage View Post
          What was the top ring gap on the first set of pistons.
          Don't know, what ever my builder set them at. Clearance shouldn't have been an issue, he's got some pretty stout mod motors running around.

Comment

Tight ring gap kills ringlands...

Have fun with the new setup. Hopefully we can do several pulls against each other when I get mine together.
            Full time ninja editor.

Comment

Working...
            X