Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paser Magnum igniton system. Classic snake oil?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paser Magnum igniton system. Classic snake oil?

I have actually used something similar in the past on my Galaxie and it did what it claimed. I have never taken this one out of the box and I keep it around for conversation. Its interesting that it was made right here in Dallas in 1974. Still has the bumper sticker and warranty card.

There was something on the market for the 4.6L back around 2002-2004. It claimed more HP and mileage by boosting the spark amperage. It was basically snake oil.

Comment

The one I had eventually failed when water got in it so I took it apart. It turned out to be a crudely made, large capacitor and ran inline with the center coil wire on a car with points ignition. It just didn't work with HEI since there was no way to connect it. I figure its the same concept as these.

Comment

It is just an air gap(if anything at all). The gap forces higher flash over voltage and ups the spark power by increasing the coil charge time slightly.

IIRC they got the pants sued off of them.
        Last edited by svauto-erotic855; 11-25-2011, 12:15 AM.
        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Working...
        X