Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One of the craziest drag racing wrecks I have seen.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree on getting off the throttle while still in his lane. You can definitely hear the throttle getting stuck open after hitting the wall.

Also in full agreement to the engine being built very damn well!

I was expecting to see flames shooting out where new breather holes were being installed in the sides of the block.

Comment

It looked like the responders hit the kill switch only as an afterthought and late, but I guess in their point of view there are several things they are trying to hit at once, like the fire.

Comment

Wow, melted the tires and wheels
        I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

how long do you think it took to get the track back in order?

I think I'd load up the trailer and call it a night....or just run the left lane. Right lane has rubber speed bump.
          Murph

Lots of cars that nobody desires

Comment

Originally posted by prospec1 View Post
            The car is on alcohol. It most likely has a mechanical fuel pump. No "fuel pump cut off switch"

I thought cars with mechanical (belt drives/cam driven/ etc) were required to have a fuel shut off valve. I had one on my race car when it had its belt drive. Would not do any good with driver knocked out of course.

That wreck reminded me of Shelly Howards crash a few years ago. Could have been a LOT worse like Howards.
            Some cars and a bike...

Some say... they have been raced, some a lot

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_cj View Post
              ah, look at the little guy, he's still butt hurt from the viper thread. You must live a lonely life to harbor such resentment to complete strangers.

Why don't you tell us stories of how you took down aj foyt or show us pictures of you standing in pit row?
              lol

Comment

Working...
              X