No announcement yet.

Helicopter vid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ive always wanted to get my rotary PPL, but dang its so expensive. And even when you get it, its expensive as hell to rent them.

There is a group of guys that own a couple of new R44's at the airport I'm based at that like to show off all the time. They buzz the hangars as fast and low as they can, they do not follow any patterns around the airport, they make no radio calls, they constantly fly over the one corner of the field that has a neighborhood by it, just pure jackasses. Otherwise I'd be hitting them up for some rides / lessons.

Comment

pretty cool. No turbulence?

Comment

Originally posted by 80coupe View Post
        bring the helicopter to the next GTG.
        Parking lot gets too full! It lives at Meacham, only about 5 minute from our Tuesday GTG. I'd be happy to show it to anyone that wanted to see it.

Originally posted by danielhv View Post
        Ive always wanted to get my rotary PPL, but dang its so expensive. And even when you get it, its expensive as hell to rent them.

There is a group of guys that own a couple of new R44's at the airport I'm based at that like to show off all the time. They buzz the hangars as fast and low as they can, they do not follow any patterns around the airport, they make no radio calls, they constantly fly over the one corner of the field that has a neighborhood by it, just pure jackasses. Otherwise I'd be hitting them up for some rides / lessons.

Yes, its expensive. It's not somthing most people can afford to do for just entertainment. Most flight schools won't even rent them to you unless you are working towards a rating. If I didn't fly them for a living, there's no way I could do it.

That's too bad about the jackasses at your airport! Unfortunately they exist, both in fixed wing and rotary wing. They are usually high time pilots (airline pilots) that seem to think they can do whatever they want.

Comment

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
          pretty cool. No turbulence?
          Yes, there's turbulence. Just not as bad as in an airplane.

Comment

Eh, I only fly in Sikorkys helicopters.

Comment

Originally posted by Rotortrash View Post
              Parking lot gets too full! It lives at Meacham, only about 5 minute from our Tuesday GTG. I'd be happy to show it to anyone that wanted to see it.
              just kidding, that would cool though.

Comment

Damnit Dalton! Now I want a helicoptor!

Comment

My stepdad was one of the best bullshitters I knew. 99.5 was at the rodeo one day with their helicopter and he got them to take us up one afternoon for the traffic report. Was on my list of cool things I have done.

Comment

Holding iPhones vertical for videos should be banned.
                    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by TheTRiM View Post
                      I prefer my helicopter vids to have an open side with a mounted M3M FN Herstal GAU-21 .50-caliber machine gun, and a dude behind it screaming get some, get some, get some!
                      2009 Chevy Tahoe LTZ

2011 GMC Terrain SLT2

2010 Polaris Ranger RZR S Orange Madness

Ban count: 2

Comment

Originally posted by TheTRiM View Post
                        I prefer my helicopter vids to have an open side with a mounted M3M FN Herstal GAU-21 .50-caliber machine gun, and a dude behind it screaming get some, get some, get some!
                        Like!
                        ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Working...
                        X