Helicopter vid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helicopter vid

A co-worker said he was making a video of us flying the helicopter, but this is what he came up with. Shot with an iPhone, not top quality.

Kinda long, not REAL exciting, some will want their 9:14 back.

Remember, the camera adds 10 pounds. (not sure how many cameras he had on me!)

pretty neat! bet its fun flying around all over the area and looking at stuff from above

Comment

Very cool vid, Jeff! Maybe one of these days I can hitch a ride with you.
      "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

I don't understand how helicopters get away with flying so low, yet fixed wing has to stay above 1000AGL in populated areas...

Comment

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
          Very cool vid, Jeff! Maybe one of these days I can hitch a ride with you.
          We'll see if we can sneak you in one of these days!

Originally posted by danielhv View Post
          I don't understand how helicopters get away with flying so low, yet fixed wing has to stay above 1000AGL in populated areas...
          FAR 91.119, para.(d), regarding minimum safe altitude; If the operation is conducted without hazard to persons or property on the surface.

The heli dosen't need a large area for an emergency landing, merely a parking lot or even a back yard.

That being said, I'm usually at least 500 AGL in populate areas. Most of that video is out near Richland Chambers Resovoir, not a populated area. The last part is on approach to Meacham.

Comment

Would like to shoot some hogs out the chopper..

Comment

Originally posted by sosoe View Post
              Would like to shoot some hogs out the chopper..

Shane, the pilot that shot the video, has moved on and now works here:

Here at Cedar Ridge Aviation, we offer helicopter hog hunting, aerial application, and are a part of the carbon sequestration program.

Check out some of their videos and book a hog hunt with them!

Comment

Nice Jeff!

Comment

I love helicopters but hell it is expensive to get a commercial license to do it full time. I got a guy I work with that just quit to fly offshore in the gulf but he had freinds that let him train for free or fuel growing up. He has been doing it part time for a year or so and really enjoys it. When the wifey gets out of school I may go back and get my private. I took a few hours about 12 years ago but wow they really talk you out of doing it as a career. LOL
                  Whos your Daddy?

Comment

I prefer my helicopter vids to have an open side with a mounted M3M FN Herstal GAU-21 .50-caliber machine gun, and a dude behind it screaming get some, get some, get some!

Comment

is it legal to land on your house?
                      pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

Originally posted by Grape View Post
                        As long as you own it and the property, and do not present a danger to neighbors, their property, etc.... yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Grape View Post
                          Originally posted by danielhv View Post
                          As long as you own it and the property, and do not present a danger to neighbors, their property, etc.... yes.
                          danielhv is correct, but landing "on" a typical home might present challenges of its own.

Comment

Originally posted by Rotortrash View Post
                            danielhv is correct, but landing "on" a typical home might present challenges of its own.
                            just curious if it is legal, and ya neighbors would get pissed, and not so sure how easy it is to miss trees and powerlines.
                            pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

bring the helicopter to the next GTG.

Comment

Working...
                              X