Fastlane tunes Ecoboost Truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
    I miss my EcoBoost. I fuckin hate my Chebby truck, even the huge V8 it has in it is a pig compared to my old EB.
    Well why on earth did you swap it out?!

I'm really digging the new Ecoboost. I'm tempted to pic one up, but I'll probably wait a year or two to get more mileage out of my current truck.
    DamonH

Comment

Yep, Barry. It's me.

Real world mpg so far with 3000 on the clock is an overall average of 17.6-9. Highway mileage has been up to the mid-21's. I don't pussy foot it and I enjoy listening to the turbos so I'm sure it could do better.

Comment

Originally posted by DamonH View Post
        Well why on earth did you swap it out?!

I'm really digging the new Ecoboost. I'm tempted to pic one up, but I'll probably wait a year or two to get more mileage out of my current truck.
        The Chebby was free, its a work truck. I would have kept it, but I had no use for two exactly sized pickups, so I just sold it and bought a Mach 1 instead. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Brn N Rubr View Post
          Yep, Barry. It's me.

Real world mpg so far with 3000 on the clock is an overall average of 17.6-9. Highway mileage has been up to the mid-21's. I don't pussy foot it and I enjoy listening to the turbos so I'm sure it could do better.
          This should make you feel better, the Jap truck as an average of 13.3 mpg.

Comment

Originally posted by SSMAN View Post
            This should make you feel better, the Jap truck as an average of 13.3 mpg.
            Not to kick you in the nuts but I'm averaging 18.5 mpg and I like to make the turbos sing too.

It ran 9.80 with 50 miles on it and it seems faster now, so.........

Comment

I think Ldecharmoy needs to spill the beans on how he went 9.02 with his. Mine went 9.68 with a crappy 2.26 60ft. I'm sure it had a 9.5x in it, but I don't think it would go that fast stock.

What all have you done to yours, Ldecharmoy?

Comment

I think Ldecharmoy needs to spill the beans on how he went 9.02 with his. Mine went 9.68 with a crappy 2.26 60ft. I'm sure it had a 9.5x in it, but I don't think it would go that fast stock.

Driver mod!!!
                2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

9.02? Dang.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy S II
                  2014 GT
                  2013 FX2 ecoboost

Comment

All stock brotha, just brake boosting it at the line at 1500rpms anything above that and it spins. I want to put some drag radials on it so i can boost it to 2000 and i bet I can get 8s out of the bitch.
                    2014 Ford F250 4X4 *DD*
                    1992 Ford Mustang GT

Previous Vehicles:
                    1989 Ford Mustang 4 cyl. Turbo coupe
                    1986 Ford Mustang GT T-Top
                    2011 Ford F-150 Eco-Boost
                    2011 Ford Mustang V6
                    2011 Ford Mustang GT
                    2013 Ford F-150 Eco-Boost
                    2012 Ford F-150 Eco-Boost 4x4

Comment

Wish I could talk my old man into this.

Also wish this came in a regular cab short bed configuration.
                      "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Comment

Originally posted by Ldecharmoy View Post
                        All stock brotha, just brake boosting it at the line at 1500rpms anything above that and it spins. I want to put some drag radials on it so i can boost it to 2000 and i bet I can get 8s out of the bitch.
                        What configuration truck do you have? What gears? And what was your 60ft?

And, fordracing19, I agree that I could have done better with another pass or two (the little one was getting cranky), but over half a second better is hard to make up in bone stock form. The 60ft would have to be close to a 1.9x to pull that off. Not saying it can't be done, and ldecharmoy, I'm not trying to make a dig at you. Just trying to better understand so I can improve a little.

Comment

I'm seeing 20-21mpg with mixed driving out of my ecoboost. Love the truck and love the gas mileage.

Comment

What configuration truck do you have? What gears? And what was your 60ft?

And, fordracing19, I agree that I could have done better with another pass or two (the little one was getting cranky), but over half a second better is hard to make up in bone stock form. The 60ft would have to be close to a 1.9x to pull that off. Not saying it can't be done, and ldecharmoy, I'm not trying to make a dig at you. Just trying to better understand so I can improve a little.
                            r/t ... .382
                            60 ... 2.053
                            330 ... 5.883
                            mph ... 59.71
                            1/8 ... 9.028
                            mph ... 77.26

Mine is a 4 door 6 ft bed, 2wd w/ 3:55
                            2014 Ford F250 4X4 *DD*
                            1992 Ford Mustang GT

Previous Vehicles:
                            1989 Ford Mustang 4 cyl. Turbo coupe
                            1986 Ford Mustang GT T-Top
                            2011 Ford F-150 Eco-Boost
                            2011 Ford Mustang V6
                            2011 Ford Mustang GT
                            2013 Ford F-150 Eco-Boost
                            2012 Ford F-150 Eco-Boost 4x4

Comment

Yep, Barry. It's me.

I can do that and better in my 07 Dodge Hemi 4x4 ( with the multi-displacement featuring turning 4 cyls off).

I need to test drive one of these EB. I test drove two 2012 Ram 1500 hemis with the 390 HP 5.7 this weekend and loved them. Took it out on the highway set cruise at 65 and reset the MPG and it showed 23 at end of test drive. Of course that is not accurate over a short trip but was better than expected.
                              www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
                                I can do that and better in my 07 Dodge Hemi 4x4 ( with the multi-displacement featuring turning 4 cyls off).

I need to test drive one of these EB. I test drove two 2012 Ram 1500 hemis with the 390 HP 5.7 this weekend and loved them. Took it out on the highway set cruise at 65 and reset the MPG and it showed 23 at end of test drive. Of course that is not accurate over a short trip but was better than expected.
                                Take in to consideration also that the 21.x mpg was achieved averaging 80mph from OKC to Fort Worth. There was an article (that I'm having a hard time finding) where an editorial tested the F150 EcoBoost at different speeds. I believe with average speed of 65mph they got close to 30mpg and ended up going over that with a lower speed. I'll do the same test you did in my truck and let you know how it did. Approximately how many highway miles did you drive so we can compare as closely as possible?

I'll continue to search for the article as well.

Ldecharmoy, that's a pretty good time slip. I'm curious how mine would have looked if I got one more pass. The 14.904 (9.6) I ran had a 60 of 2.26 but it spun, albeit smoothly, 3/4 through first gear. That was with a 1500-1700 rpm launch. Maybe you, Barry, me, and all the other 1/2 ton truck guys should do our own little shootout at Kennedale one night.

Comment

Working...
                                X