No announcement yet.

Addicted to aviation at an early age!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome man , just make sure he will be flying them not fixing them.
    07 GT500
    05 SRT10
    88 turbocoupe T-bird
    93 Cobra
    86 coupe
    Ducati 848

Comment

Originally posted by ZYouL8R View Post
      That's awesome man. I still remember my first flight with my pops. It's something your boy will never forget.
      I hear you on that, those are some of my favorite memories too, flying with my dad in his Cessna. He was a contract aerospace engineer, he worked on V-22,F-22, Boeing 777 and several other aircraft. My wife doesn't understand why I like aircraft so much but she was not brought up around aircraft. She recently found one of his resume and understands a little more how immersed in the aircraft industry my family was and why I am still fascinated with it. I remember going to the Bell plant off 20 when the V-22 was just a Lasalle on a stand and being there on it's first flight. I haven't been up in a small private prop aircraft since a kid but I have lately been thinking of getting my Private pilot license or at least taking a ride in one again.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Mc View Post
        You still have the Musketier?
        Yes Scott, it's the Musketeer. We've had it since 1976.

Originally posted by bottlerocket View Post
        Glad you're starting him early!

CAP is definitely an option. Take advantage of it, the price difference is incredible! Average PPL at any typical Part 141 school today can be anywhere from $12,000 to $18,000 depending on the aircraft. On the other end of the spectrum CAP aircraft are maintained very well and most times will cost as little as 1/3 as much as typical rental aircraft.

Best of luck to him!

An airplane won't be the problem, its finding an instructor I can trust. Our airplane won't be leaving the family in the foreseeable future.

Originally posted by mk5.0 View Post
        Awesome man , just make sure he will be flying them not fixing them.
        I've been fixing airplanes and helicopters for over 20 years now. While I want more for my son, it's been a great career for me. I wouldn't mind a bit if he followed in my footsteps.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobra86 View Post
          More noise than an airliner lol! Headsets make it easier to communicate by far but they are not necessary. Frank, send me a PM, I'll take you up for a plane ride.
          We have a few pilots on the board, I'm thinking we need to have an airport GTG!

Comment

Originally posted by Rotortrash View Post
            Yes Scott, it's the Musketeer. We've had it since 1976.

An airplane won't be the problem, its finding an instructor I can trust. Our airplane won't be leaving the family in the foreseeable future.

I've been fixing airplanes and helicopters for over 20 years now. While I want more for my son, it's been a great career for me. I wouldn't mind a bit if he followed in my footsteps.
            Cool, my buddies plane is down for a reskin and complete overhaul. I fear it will never fly again.

You know how to get school paid for man!

I would take this mans job any day

Comment

Originally posted by Rotortrash View Post
              We have a few pilots on the board, I'm thinking we need to have an airport GTG!
              I'll see if the guys here will let me borrow a T6 for the weekend and fly back

Comment

Working...
              X