Addicted to aviation at an early age!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Addicted to aviation at an early age!

I took my son for an airplane ride the other day, his first time in the front seat! He loved it!

Guess I'll start saving for his training now!

Awesome! I bet he did love it. That is a great pic. Good job!

Comment

awesome man. good looking boy!

god bless.
      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Thats awesome. All my dad ever did was drive me around in his Jeep Comanche.
        Last edited by mstng86; 11-07-2011, 04:17 PM.

Comment

You might be able to get him some pretty cheap instruction as a minor through the Civil Air Patrol. Give it a shot.
          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I have never had the pleasure of taking a ride. Is there a lot of noise the reason everyone wears the headset besides the pilot? Can you even talk without it or is there a lot of engine/wind noise? I am a total newb to this.

Comment

Great pic Dalt!

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
                I have never had the pleasure of taking a ride. Is there a lot of noise the reason everyone wears the headset besides the pilot? Can you even talk without it or is there a lot of engine/wind noise? I am a total newb to this.
                Thanks everybody! You too Scott!

Our airplane isn't as loud as some, it's just easier to communicate using the intercom and the headsets. As far as wind noise, it's sealed pretty well.

The Civil Air Patrol will always be an option, thank goodness we have a while!

Comment

Excellent!

Ps: I think you might be deaf and partially blind. You were in the northbound turn lane on main, turning on to McElroy - I was turning onto main from my house, and cut the corner close (where you were) and honked as I passed in front of you..lol.. you never blinked.

...haven't seen you around in a while, where have you been?

Comment

Half asleep I guess Brooks, sorry I missed you!

I've had a lot going on, my wife has been picking Casey up most of the time. We'll stop by as soon as we have a chance, and we see you out there!

I plan on going to the GTG tonight, you going?

Comment

Ya gotta start them young! Great Pic!

Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

You still have the Musketier?

Comment

Glad you're starting him early!

CAP is definitely an option. Take advantage of it, the price difference is incredible! Average PPL at any typical Part 141 school today can be anywhere from $12,000 to $18,000 depending on the aircraft. On the other end of the spectrum CAP aircraft are maintained very well and most times will cost as little as 1/3 as much as typical rental aircraft.

Best of luck to him!

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
                            More noise than an airliner lol! Headsets make it easier to communicate by far but they are not necessary. Frank, send me a PM, I'll take you up for a plane ride.

Comment

That's awesome man. I still remember my first flight with my pops. It's something your boy will never forget.

Comment

Working...
                              X