Cops in here - video of kid getting pulled over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cops in here - video of kid getting pulled over

Break.com video of a kid getting pulled over for registration but refusing to give ID; I'll let you watch the rest and draw your own conclusions. Sorry, I don't know how to imbed break.com videos (not sure if it is the same as youtube).

I could not tell what the cop says at the end right before the kid says "that's bullshit". If anyone can make it out let us know.

http://www.break.com/index/teenage-k...as-law-2196562

I'd like to hear from the officers what they would have done in a similar situation.

Non-cops; if you had done nothing wrong AND the officer admitted it and still wanted ID, would you give it?

And last but not least, was the kid legally right or not?
    I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

If I get pulled over I always have insurance and license waiting for him/her then they get to the window. I really don't understand why people have to test the waters and see what happens. 8/10 times if you get pulled over it's because you did something wrong.

Comment

Remain in your vehicle?
      Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
      Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

I didnt watch the video but I beleive you can go to jail anywhere anytime for failure to id
        Vortex rear stand $75
        8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
        My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
        but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
        11 4 door
        13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Get pulled over, show your ID, its that whole thing that proves you actually have a license, kinda how it works.

If you havent done anything illegal or have anything not legal on your car, then you shouldnt have anything to worry about.
          Wheres the mess with the bull, get the horns picture?

Comment

Originally posted by Txstang1 View Post
            I didnt watch the video but I beleive you can go to jail anywhere anytime for failure to id
            Yep, I don't recall the class of the offense, or if it's immediate jail time, but we are required by law to provide ID.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
              Yep, I don't recall the class of the offense, or if it's immediate jail time, but we are required by law to provide ID.
              I believe it isn't an arrestable offense, but they can detain you until positive identification is achieved. And by detain, I mean that they can take you to the jail, meaning your car gets impounded, and that means it gets searched, etc.

Stevo
              Originally posted by SSMAN
              ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by aCid View Post
                If I get pulled over I always have insurance and license waiting for him/her then they get to the window. I really don't understand why people have to test the waters and see what happens. 8/10 times if you get pulled over it's because you did something wrong.
                I hardly even move when I get pulled over until they get to the window. Wouldn't want them to think I'm hiding something or reaching for a weapon. I just pull the sunglasses off and wait with my hands in plain sight... yes sir, no sir, etc etc after that. I've been pretty successful with that approach.

Comment

i'd give him my id

Comment

Welcome to the Police State of America.
                    He had every right to question the cop, he did nothing wrong and the cop admitted he (cop) made a mistake.
                    I applaud the kid for standing up for his rights, more people need to do the same.

Saw a video of 2 guys who walked acrossed America with a couple of signs. They were stopped over and over in every state and were asked to show id. They refused and had every right to, every cop except one pulled the same crap as this cop. Never did they get arrested or had to show id.

"Why are you nervous"
                    Heck my blood started pumping too, people get nervous, it's part of being human.

Last statement by the cop was, "Remain in your vehicle".

The whole search your vehicle, unconstitutional.
                    Same as check points on our roadways, unconstitutional.
                    Same as TSA feeling you up at the airport and football games, unconstitutional.

4th Ammendment:
                    The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
                    2 Chronicles 7:14
                    If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Comment

that was fucking epic!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Up0n0ne View Post
                        Welcome to the Police State of America.
                        He had every right to question the cop, he did nothing wrong and the cop admitted he (cop) made a mistake.
                        I applaud the kid for standing up for his rights, more people need to do the same.

Saw a video of 2 guys who walked acrossed America with a couple of signs. They were stopped over and over in every state and were asked to show id. They refused and had every right to, every cop except one pulled the same crap as this cop. Never did they get arrested or had to show id.

Heck my blood started pumping too, people get nervous, it's part of being human.

Last statement by the cop was, "Remain in your vehicle".

The whole search your vehicle, unconstitutional.
                        Same as check points on our roadways, unconstitutional.
                        Same as TSA feeling you up at the airport and football games, unconstitutional.

4th Ammendment:
                        The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
                        ^^^ This...

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
                          I believe it isn't an arrestable offense, but they can detain you until positive identification is achieved. And by detain, I mean that they can take you to the jail, meaning your car gets impounded, and that means it gets searched, etc.

Stevo
                          Yeah, I was just doing some digging, and it isn't against the law to refuse ID in Texas, unless you are under arrest. Though giving false ID is a punishable offense.

Comment

Personally, I can kind of see the kid's point. Every time I have been pulled over the officer has immediately told me why he pulled me over, then asked for ID, insurance, etc. He was polite, I was polite, and most of the time it was for minor speeding and I got a warning. I guess I am lucky that I live in an area where officers know how to do their job while respecting rights so I have never had a problem; hell I can't recall any friends or family running into a "rights abusing" police officer. Maybe we are lucky where I live, but I know it does happen. I think I would probably have the same reaction as the kid in similar circumstances; if you refuse to tell me why you pulled me over then we can do this in court. The issue of respect goes both ways; I realize officers have to naturally be on the defensive due to their job, but there is absolutely no reason they can't tell you why you were pulled over.
                            I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

I know both of these guys, at one point both of them worked for me, both smartass kids, but they always listened.
                              Wanna see my care face???

Comment

Working...
                              X