The car I've wanted for years - 1959 Buick Lesabre

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bidding!
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• I know a guy that used to have a 63' Galaxie that had a drive-in speaker mounted on the outside that continuously played a loop of The Macarena.

CJ - when you get one of these, you'll need a loop of this one playing continuously!

70' Chevelle RagTop
      (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
        Bidding!
        Damn CJ thats a pretty nice example of one....good luck. I'd drive the piss outta that thing.

Comment

Bidding!
          Less than 24 hours left!

Comment

• Shit got too real for me. Looks like it may clear 20k.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Shit got too real for me. Looks like it may clear 20k.
              have I not told you my countach story?
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Sounds like a good story, do tell.

Comment

Sounds like a good story, do tell.
                  Drunk browsing ebay, found a mint, low (like 8k) mile white countach. We were house shopping, and I had pooled a good amount of cash together for the down payment.

I shot what I thought was a stupid low number on it, 13k. I knew right after I did it that it was a bad idea. I didn't worry a lot, they had been bringing 30k+, this one should be higher. I'd be outbid in a few hours if not sooner.

Nope. Three days later, I took my wife to her favorite restaurant for dinner, since I was going to have to explain that I need to go pick up an iconic exotic Sportscar to quickly resell.

I got outbid with 30 second left on the auction. I've never been so happy to lose an auction.
                  "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• lol that is hilarious. I bet you were shitting bricks. Were you sitting in front of the computer sweating bullets hitting F5?

Comment

• Originally posted by Denny
                      Hahaha!!!

*click*
                      What the fuck did I just do?
                      Pretty much.
                      Originally posted by CJ View Post
                      lol that is hilarious. I bet you were shitting bricks. Were you sitting in front of the computer sweating bullets hitting F5?
                      No, I figured if I got it from a small town in new mexico that was a couple of hours from the nearest airport to DFW, relisted it with maybe slightly more detailed photos, etc, id get a quick buy it now sale. At that point, I was pretty calm. I talked to the dealership it was listed from, had 5k in service work done, and the owner decided to upgrade while he was there. New tires, bla bla bla.

I was more concerned about my wife's reaction to having to wait to do our house deal until I got it sold. I had my phone sitting on the table, and went to see if I had won it, preparing myself for the worst. I got an email saying I was outbid, said a little too loud "FUCK YEAH!" and put my phone down, continuing our dinner.

I didnt tell her about it until a few years later.

Comment

Working...
                      X