Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by XR_1 View Post
    No problem at all bro.
    Feedback is always wanted, atleast for me.
    The price on the quicksilver tells you its a cheap version compared to more expensive units.
    I chose it because I needed a shifter that look somewhat stock that I can hide.(no extra handle)
    I havent used it yet so I might hate it too but well see.
    i thought you were running a manual transmission

Comment

No problem at all bro.
      Feedback is always wanted, atleast for me.
      The price on the quicksilver tells you its a cheap version compared to more expensive units.
      I chose it because I needed a shifter that look somewhat stock that I can hide.(no extra handle)
      I havent used it yet so I might hate it too but well see.
      I've got the pro ratchet in my Camaro and really like it. My Dad has the Quicksilver in his Jeep and I thought I liked it until I used the pro ratchet and it just feels so much more solid. For just cruising around town the quicksilver gets the job done though.

I've still got to figure out someway to clean mine up and make it look nice.

Comment

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
        i thought you were running a manual transmission
        I am now going to be running a built GM 4l80e (basically a th400 with an overdrive)
        I dont know of any Mod motor guys running that trans so we will see how it goes
        Theres not many options in shifters as its a reverse manual valvebody 4 speed

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
        I've got the pro ratchet in my Camaro and really like it. My Dad has the Quicksilver in his Jeep and I thought I liked it until I used the pro ratchet and it just feels so much more solid. For just cruising around town the quicksilver gets the job done though.
        Kool, thanks for the feedback
        I am going to do a little more research before I install it
        1967 Mustang Fastback - 5.0 32V Stroked Teksid - Supercar GT heads - MARCELLA Billet intake -
        - Twin Precision 6766 Turbo set up - BigStuff3 - AMS1000 - Built GM 4l80e - Art Morrison Chassis
        - Sparco Milano Leather Seats- Forged 18" wheels - 29" M/T tires + A/C & heat!

1991 TT Mod Foxbody Coupe- Build thread... http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=422864

Comment

I am now going to be running a built GM 4l80e (basically a th400 with an overdrive)
          I dont know of any Mod motor guys running that trans so we will see how it goes
          Theres not many options in shifters as its a reverse manual valvebody 4 speed

Kool, thanks for the feedback
          I am going to do a little more research before I install it
          isnt it a 3spd with overdrive? Why not just use an overdrive switch?
          -1997 Supra- mid 8 second street car
          -1993 Cobra- 700rw
          -2012 CTS-V- 9 second daily driver
          -1991 Coupe- LSA/TT/4L80 in the making
          -2007 GSXR 1000- built turbo bike

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
            Does this help?

You might have to cut a hole in the roof for shifter clearance.
            No, no. Fox body with a C4. Like this

........right?

Comment

Working...
            X