Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crazy old Spartan style helmet I pinstriped !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy old Spartan style helmet I pinstriped !

LOL, this thing looks wild !!

It belongs to a kid that is an apprentice at a tattoo shop my buddy owns. I stopped by the other night to hang out, and since I hadn't taken all of my striping stuff out of my car, I had it all with me.

I had talked to him a while back about striping it, and just never had my paint stuff with me when I was in there. I told him I had all my stuff with me so he wanted me to throw some paint down on this helmet.

He wanted flat black stripes, but the paint that I have is gloss. I had bought a flattening paste to put in the paint a while back and had yet to use it. I told him he would be the guinea pig and he was fine with that. I was VERY happy with how the flattening agent worked. It's made by 1 Shot, for 1 Shot paint, and just mixes 1:1, so it was really easy to use.

After I got the black on there, he decided he wanted gold. I told him I had a metallic copper that was a really nice color, and when I showed it to him, he flipped ! Metallic copper is it !

He wears this thing around too ! LOL ! I need to get a picture of him wearing it. I didn't want him to put it on that night because the copper was still wet when I left. Surprisingly, the flattening agent makes the paint dry considerably faster.

Sorry for the cell phone pictures. I had my digital camera with me but had forgotten to take the memory card out when I was loading pictures on the laptop, so I had to use the phone.

-Aaron

Thats cool! All it needs now is one of those marvin the martian mohawks, lmao!

Comment

That's fuckin' awesome Aaron. Love the design, and the copper is perfection.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
        That's fuckin' awesome Aaron. Love the design, and the copper is perfection.
        I have to agree that copper looks killer on there!
        92 LX 5.0

Comment

Working...
        X