No announcement yet.

Oooooh, she's bendy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never seen one like that Scott. That does not inspire to ride in helos.
    sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
    17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
    13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
    86 SVO - Sold
    '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
    01 TJ - new toy - Sold
    65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
      Pretty much all of them move to a certain extent, all the aerodynamic forces imposed are counteracted by the rotor itself. cool vid though.

Comment

Originally posted by onemeangixxer7502 View Post
        rigid....
        Yep, based on the quick glimpses of the TR, I'm guessing a BO-something.
        Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
        Nah, they can actually handle MUCH more than that. Ask me how I know.
        Originally posted by onemeangixxer7502 View Post
        Pretty much all of them move to a certain extent, all the aerodynamic forces imposed are counteracted by the rotor itself. cool vid though.
        Exactly. Composite blades are, for the most part, VERY over-engineered. And the design of the rotor head and the design of the blade go hand-in-hand. Blades for rigid, semi-rigid, and articulating rotor heads are night and day different.
        "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
          I had the privilege of watching the V-22 fuselage stress test when I worked at BH off 10 and it was pretty neat. Nothing like this though, more squeeks, popping and whinning than anything.
          Last edited by TENGRAM; 10-09-2011, 10:11 PM.

Comment

Yeah, definitely need a NSFW version of all this.
            Originally posted by MR EDD
            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Working...
            X