Just about the weirdest helicopter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by onemeangixxer7502 View Post
    As he's holding the starter down he's watching the Tot's or TGT's to raise and fall before he injects any fuel. HArt starts are no bueno!
    This is true! Hot starts are very no bueno. Worst I ever had was an APU hot start. Big blast of flame out of the APU exhaust followed by a nice little stream of burning JP5 running down the side of the aircraft. Luckily it was put out before it did any significant damage.
    Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
    Pretty cool but I would be nervous to fly in it. I know they probably did their homework on the design, but I would not be able to get the thought out of my head about the rotors hitting each other. Kind of like zombies; I know it's probably not going to happen but it still scares the piss out of me.
    Same here. I trust engineers and all, but wow. Same reason I was never really comfortable flying in an H-46 (well, that and the 46 has a nasty tendency to catch fire).
    "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

it's like shooting a bullet through a propeller!!!

Comment

so how do you fly it? does it still have a collective/cyclic/pedals like a standard helicopter?
        http://www.amazon.com/Viralution-Don...don+kehlenbeck

www.facebook.com/TheViralution

Comment

Originally posted by tribaltalon View Post
          so how do you fly it? does it still have a collective/cyclic/pedals like a standard helicopter?
          Looks like the controls are just like most others. I don't know why they would be different.
          "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
            This is true! Hot starts are very no bueno. Worst I ever had was an APU hot start. Big blast of flame out of the APU exhaust followed by a nice little stream of burning JP5 running down the side of the aircraft. Luckily it was put out before it did any significant damage.

Same here. I trust engineers and all, but wow. Same reason I was never really comfortable flying in an H-46 (well, that and the 46 has a nasty tendency to catch fire).
            I was never afraid to fly until I became an engineer.
            Men have become the tools of their tools.
            -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
              Looks like the controls are just like most others. I don't know why they would be different.
              pretty standard, the counter rotating blades are for directional control

Comment

It seems to be a scary helicopter. Imagine what would happen if one of the propeller stops working by some reason. Then the other one would either cut the obsolete one or both would get cut. I find this design to be a faulty design. I am not sure this is any good to designs that we have currently.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavis4188 View Post
                  It seems to be a scary helicopter. Imagine what would happen if one of the propeller stops working by some reason. Then the other one would either cut the obsolete one or both would get cut. I find this design to be a faulty design. I am not sure this is any good to designs that we have currently.

Comment

Meh, I seen two dragon flies fucking while flying, let's see it do that.

Comment

That's what I call an interference engine if I've ever seen one.
                      "You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating Fruit Loops on your front porch"

Comment

Working...
                      X