FiFi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FiFi

I love anything to do with Aviation, WWII era aviation is my favorite. Cool vid of a local bird.

I haven't been to the AIRSHO in 10+ years, but I think I might just go out there next weekend to check out FiFi. She was a staple at the AIRSHO when I was growing up. Next week should be pretty awesome, all the old planes will be flying right over my business on the way to the show.
    Last edited by GrayStangGT; 09-29-2011, 12:40 PM.

Comment

That's pretty wicked, that thing looks like a hand full.

Comment

This came off one of FIFI's old engines

Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

thats awesome!!!

Comment

GREAT video! I got to take a tour of it at the last air show at JRB Ft. Worth. I was suddenly a 5 year old kid all over again. It is simply amazing that they were able to engineer and build something like that 67-ish years ago.
            "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

As a little kid 30 + years ago when that plane was still in Harlingen, Texas with the Confederate Air Force I would spend days on end crawling through it. At the time I thought that it was just another war bird and did not know how unique it was. My high school was just a few hundred feet away from the CAFs hangers. Have had a hard on for old war birds ever since.
              Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

I got to see that plane all my chid hood being from Midland where we have the CAF. Its an amazing sight.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Comment

Amazing. Reminds me of the NOVA documentary I watched on Kee Bird, found in the North Pole. Unbelievable story.

In Greenland, a deserted B-29 bomber awaits rescue for more than fifty years.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                    Amazing. Reminds me of the NOVA documentary I watched on Kee Bird, found in the North Pole. Unbelievable story.

http://video.pbs.org/video/1548962233/
                    I will never complain about having to remove my transmission while my car is in the garage ever again. Ever...

I fully believe there is a divine reason why that happened the way it did.
                    Last edited by SS Junk; 10-01-2011, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Michael (92Notch who's now 04mongoose) works in the hangar right next to her. He snapped this the other day for me.

Originally posted by Jester
                      Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                      He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                      Originally posted by Denny
                      What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                      FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                        I will never complain about having to remove my transmission while my car is in the garage ever again. Ever...

I fully believe there is a divine reason why that happened the way it did.
                        It was a heartbreaking ending, but you're right, perhaps they should have let it rest in peace.

Comment

It was a heartbreaking ending, but you're right, perhaps they should have let it rest in peace.

Or maybe they should have plumbed the fuel to the APU the correctly instead of just sticking a hose into the top of an open fuel can. They should have also had fire extinguishers that would function in extreme cold. They forgot to mention that was what killed the plane in that documentary.
                          Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

now that was an awesome video

Comment

http://video.pbs.org/video/1548962233/
                              Wow, I had never heard anything about that before. Funny part is watching it realized I actually know one of the engineers that came up the second time, I knew he was a pilot but had no idea he had been apart of something like that.

Comment

Working...
                              X