No announcement yet.

I'm about to make a great food purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LHR doesn't serve the red salsa, just the roasted. Mariano's has both, and they are both good. The fajitas are the same. The chicken is my favorite, but the beef is pretty good, too. The beans (yes, the beans) are exceptional. I don't know what they do different to them. The tableside guac is really good, but don't waste your time with the queso. The service and atmosphere is leaps and bounds better at Mariano's in Arlington than at LHR, and I tend to like their food a little better, even though it's really the same. Ask for Felipe. Sit on the bar (right) side of the restaurant for a laid back atmosphere, or on the left if you want it more romantic. LHR has more steaks and stuff on their menu, but I don't eat steak at Mexican restaurants.

Candlelight Inn is a joke, imo. I can't figure out how/why people like that place. An ex of mine used to drag me there every now and then. Yuck!

They have a Babe's in Arlington now, on Center and Division. You can't go wrong with their fried chicken or CFS.

Cafe Pulido on Matlock and Mayfield is great, and really cheap. Save room for a sopapilla there, and thank me later.

For a burger, Buck n Loons on Cooper is good, and they have a 1 pounder for those who like to go big. There is also a really, really old Burger Box a couple of blocks from there (also on Cooper). I haven't been to that one in several years, and the Burger Box in Euless has gone to shit in the last year or two, sadly. I hope they all haven't.

Birras is good for Italian, as mentioned. They have some good drink specials during the week, usually.

I like to hit Gloria's in the Highlands every now and then. It's "fancy" mexican food, and not my favorite, but some people swear by it. It reminds me a little of the Mi Cocina/Taco Diner/Taco Mundo type places.

Don't let anyone tell you that Camp Verde is good. It's a tarp!

Comment

I've gotten sick every time I've eaten at that Burger Box. Campo is decent!

Comment

Babes chicken was not very impressive when I tried it in Cedar Hill.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
          Where's David's located? I just moved over off Collins and want to hit as many new places as possible.
          Welcome to the cooler side of town! :cool: You best start making more gtg's now.
          Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
          Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
          Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
          You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

There's a Twisted Root Burger opening right in front of Arlington main post office on Abrams.
            Originally posted by talisman
            I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
            Originally posted by AdamLX
            If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
            Originally posted by Broncojohnny
            Because fuck you, that's why
            Originally posted by 80coupe
            nice dick, Idrivea4banger
            Originally posted by Rick Modena
            ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
            Originally posted by Jester
            Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Greg: I like Mijo's on Park Row, and Estella's on Arkansas. It's a little further West from David's, basically the next shopping center over. Nizza Pizza is a good place to get pie by the slice, and Beirut on Cooper is a good place to get Lebanese, but it's a dump.
              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Pro88LX View Post
                Is la hacienda ranch any good? there's one 1/2 mile from me in frisco, but ive never been.
                Dude, for a chain it's pretty delicious. We should hit it up, I basically live right across the street from it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
                  Dude, for a chain it's pretty delicious. We should hit it up, I basically live right across the street from it.
                  I don't think it really qualifies as a chain. You can't find them elsewhere in the country, or even the state. They have 4 LHR and 2 Mariano's in the metroplex, and that's it. Maybe my definition of chain is wrong, but I associate that with places that have cookie cutter locations all over the place (like Chili's, Outback, OTB, etc).

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
                    I don't think it really qualifies as a chain. You can't find them elsewhere in the country, or even the state. They have 4 LHR and 2 Mariano's in the metroplex, and that's it. Maybe my definition of chain is wrong, but I associate that with places that have cookie cutter locations all over the place (like Chili's, Outback, OTB, etc).
                    LHR qualifies as a local chain. With chains, there are local, regional, national, and international.
                    Originally posted by BradM
                    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                    Originally posted by Leah
                    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                      I see your Coopers and up you in the fact that I am at Davids BBQ in Arlington right now.

I see your Davids BBQ and raise one doz. Czech Kalache and a muffin.

Call -

David

Comment

Working...
                      X