Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Internet enabled garage door opener. It was only a matter of time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stevo View Post
    Just wait until Skylink refuses to let you out of your garage.

Stevo

I had to call in sick once with the excuse of "my house ate my car and won't spit it out"...

Comment

Originally posted by Darren M View Post
      You have no idea how easy it is to get into a garage that has a door opener. MUCH easier than trying to hack someone's firewall/wifi/this device. Less time, a bit of noise, but not that hard at all. Especially the aluminum doors. 1 Crow bar, 1 hanger, 5 minutes, if that.

Just like anything else, if someone wants in, they can get it.
      Get a full size truck and back through the door, lol people are crazy.
      Don't Mess With Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by momo View Post
        ya, cheapest i found is $100. ill wait some more and make sure i find one i like with apps for either iphone and andriod plus website.
        Radiothermostat.com has the units at Home Depot and they have an Iphone app. I have looked into it a couple times, just too cheap to buy it.
        1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

Im a total gadget geek but that is simply stupid.

Comment

I got in on the Schlage Link shit when it went on clearance at Radio Shack and can now run my thermostat and several lights around my house via my phone and/or Ipad. There is a $10/month charge, but with as much as I travel, it's worth it.

I have extra outlets I bought just cause they were so cheap, and I think you can still get them on Ebay pretty cheap. Schlage Link Z-Wave technology, I think that's what it's called.

Comment

I work for a window covering manufacturer and we link into systems a lot.

The other day we were at a house that was able to control almost all things plugged in through his iPad, iPhone, laptop, etc. Microwave, oven, garage door, roller shades, tv, lights, thermostat, alarm, etc, etc. It was all with z wave technology.

Comment

Originally posted by JasonRR View Post
                I got in on the Schlage Link shit when it went on clearance at Radio Shack and can now run my thermostat and several lights around my house via my phone and/or Ipad. There is a $10/month charge, but with as much as I travel, it's worth it.

I have extra outlets I bought just cause they were so cheap, and I think you can still get them on Ebay pretty cheap. Schlage Link Z-Wave technology, I think that's what it's called.
                The outlets and modules were GE branded. I bought a bunch of them when they dropped to $10/ea.

Comment

Working...
                X